Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Please point me in the right wireless direction

Please point me in the right wireless direction

shark@clover.net

I am trying to set up a wireless network and can't seem to do the right
thing.

Here is what I have.
I have a laptop. ANd a desktop. They are where I work.
My laptop I take with me everywhere but I digress....

I have a Belkin router
the desktop has a wireless pci card.
the router is plugged into my laptop.

When I plug the router into my laptop how do I set up both computers so
that they can file share. Everything I see is all about internet
sharing. there is no internet to share at this time.

I am more interested in just getting the two pc's to talk to each
other....

where should I go for guidance? I have run the network setup wizard a
100 times but with no luck

thanks

Mark

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

to be shared.

In case that your home Network and Work Network are configured differently.

http://www.ezlan.net/faq#fewtcp-ip

Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...