Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > cordless mice

cordless mice

Krazy Bob

"smf" <time.enough***@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:439a5b34$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Krazy Bob wrote:
>> "XP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> None are recommended for Games.
>>>

>> Crap for games, But i have Razer Plasma limited edition, does bloody good
>> IMO
>>
>> KB

> mmm me too .... awesome mouse ... unbeatable on a titan everglide surface
> too ....

also like the customisable bottons on the mouse, very handy when in FPS
games, also like the macro's when u can set two three key combinations :-p

smf

Krazy Bob wrote:
> "smf" <time.enough***@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:439a5b34$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Krazy Bob wrote:
>>> "XP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Crap for games, But i have Razer Plasma limited edition, does bloody good
>>> IMO
>>>
>>> KB

>> mmm me too .... awesome mouse ... unbeatable on a titan everglide surface
>> too ....

> also like the customisable bottons on the mouse, very handy when in FPS
> games, also like the macro's when u can set two three key combinations :-p

actually - that is something I have noticed - the razor software is a
damned site better than the logitech software. I had nothing but
problems with that installed.... mouse just locking up - scrolls that
would not stop .... urgh..

I totally love my razor
I mean, it even glows blue in the dark ... what more could you want?

Krazy Bob

"smf" <time.enough***@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:439a72fa$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Krazy Bob wrote:
>> "smf" <time.enough***@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:439a5b34$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> mmm me too .... awesome mouse ... unbeatable on a titan everglide
>>> surface too ....

>> also like the customisable bottons on the mouse, very handy when in FPS
>> games, also like the macro's when u can set two three key combinations
>> :-p

> actually - that is something I have noticed - the razor software is a
> damned site better than the logitech software. I had nothing but problems
> with that installed.... mouse just locking up - scrolls that would not
> stop .... urgh..
>
> I totally love my razor
> I mean, it even glows blue in the dark ... what more could you want?

LOL...yea, the red one, even tho it has 2000dpi does not site right with me,
so the blue is better colour for me, and call me a n00b but there is a
combination where jumping and going prone at the same time gives you the
effect of dolphin diving and basically distracting your opponent and killing
them before they call kill you. very cheap i no but soo much fun with 1
repetive click of the side button.

KB

steve

Craig Shore wrote:

> There's no reason why you can't have two mice plugged in, a cordless for
> general work, and a corded for precision work.

Good idea.

XP

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 11:19:38 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>pixel wrote:
>
>> has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
>> of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
>> which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
>> a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
>> that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
>> cool.

>I have the Microsoft cordless Explorer.
>
>Bloody good mouse. Works well with all my FPS, kill-or-be-killed games.
>
>USB attached, too.

They all have a battery saving feature that turns the mouse off, it takes a
small delay to turn it back on, go read the Real reviews about this..

MarkH

pixel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:dncud5$klq$(E-Mail Removed):

> has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
> of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
> which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
> a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
> that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
> cool.

I have a Logitech MX1000 and am quite happy with its performance for
everything including games.

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
Maskerade

MarkH

XP <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> They all have a battery saving feature that turns the mouse off, it
> takes a small delay to turn it back on, go read the Real reviews about
> this..

Are these the reviews that you cannot provide links to? My MX1000 turns
off when it is not moved for a few seconds (about 8 seconds), but I cannot
detect the lag when I move the mouse. Maybe the mouse responds so quickly
that I cannot notice the lag time, it certainly seems that way to me.

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
Maskerade

Jerry

XP wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 11:19:38 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>pixel wrote:
>>

>>>has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
>>>of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
>>>which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
>>>a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
>>>that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
>>>cool.

>>I have the Microsoft cordless Explorer.
>>
>>Bloody good mouse. Works well with all my FPS, kill-or-be-killed games.
>>
>>USB attached, too.
>>

> They all have a battery saving feature that turns the mouse off, it takes a
> small delay to turn it back on, go read the Real reviews about this..

The mouse only turns off after it hasn't been used for a while.
Normally when you are playing an fps there will be few if any times
where you won't be moving the mouse for 10 seconds or so, and the
battery saving function won't affect your game.

I had the original intellimouse cordless, but the batteries wouldn't
last a week. I have one computer now with a standard Microsoft cordless
mouse, and it works fine. I don't notice any lag at all.

Bret

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 08:03:18 +1300, Jerry <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>XP wrote:

>>>I have the Microsoft cordless Explorer.
>>>
>>>Bloody good mouse. Works well with all my FPS, kill-or-be-killed games.
>>>
>>>USB attached, too.
>>>

>> They all have a battery saving feature that turns the mouse off, it takes a
>> small delay to turn it back on, go read the Real reviews about this..

>The mouse only turns off after it hasn't been used for a while.
>Normally when you are playing an fps there will be few if any times
>where you won't be moving the mouse for 10 seconds or so, and the
>battery saving function won't affect your game.
>
>I had the original intellimouse cordless, but the batteries wouldn't
>last a week. I have one computer now with a standard Microsoft cordless
>mouse, and it works fine. I don't notice any lag at all.

Fine mice for FPS, I don't have any problems using a wireless mouse,
should we invite Roger to a frag session

Richard

pixel wrote:
> has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
> of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
> which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
> a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
> that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
> cool.

The propriatory wireless mice I have used recently have being bearable, slight
lag lead to me overshooting buttons etc, noway near the lag I experianced using
the TV out of the computer on an lcd tv, and some people are able to game on the
xbox like that with no ill effect so perhaps it doesnt matter for some people?

Anyway, the worst by far I have used was a bluetooth mouse and keyboard. You
could detect lag on the keys too.