Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > cordless mice

cordless mice

pixel

has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
cool.

XP

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:55:39 +1300, pixel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
>of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
>which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
>a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
>that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
>cool.

None are recommended for Games.

steve

pixel wrote:

> has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
> of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
> which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
> a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
> that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
> cool.

I have the Microsoft cordless Explorer.

Bloody good mouse. Works well with all my FPS, kill-or-be-killed games.

USB attached, too.

Krazy Bob

"XP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:55:39 +1300, pixel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
>>of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
>>which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
>>a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
>>that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
>>cool.

> None are recommended for Games.

Crap for games, But i have Razer Plasma limited edition, does bloody good
IMO

KB

Max

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> pixel wrote:
>
> > has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
> > of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
> > which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
> > a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
> > that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
> > cool.

> I have the Microsoft cordless Explorer.
>
> Bloody good mouse. Works well with all my FPS, kill-or-be-killed games.
>
> USB attached, too.
>
> \

I have that too, but does have noticable lag. I prefer corded for precision
work.

~misfit~

Krazy Bob wrote:
> "XP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:55:39 +1300, pixel <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>> has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other
>>> mice of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the
>>> MX900 which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag
>>> compared to a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but
>>> i don't know if that's got anything to do with response time so any
>>> feedback would be cool.

>> None are recommended for Games.
>>

> Crap for games, But i have Razer Plasma limited edition, does bloody
> good IMO

And yet I've heard that the MX1000 is good for games. <shrug> That guy owned
one too. You're always going to get debate in a NG, even over the most
concrete of things.

Try one from a place that will refund your money if unsatisfied?
--
~misfit~

Krazy Bob

news:439a3350$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Krazy Bob wrote:
>> "XP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>

>>> None are recommended for Games.
>>>

>> Crap for games, But i have Razer Plasma limited edition, does bloody
>> good IMO

> And yet I've heard that the MX1000 is good for games. <shrug> That guy
> owned one too. You're always going to get debate in a NG, even over the
> most concrete of things.
>
> Try one from a place that will refund your money if unsatisfied?
> --
> ~misfit~

EB Games, in manukau City offered me a 7day no questions asked money back if
i wasn't happy with the mice, even if it was working perfectly.

The manager there, told me mx1000 was good as a desktop / desktop publishing
but not good for games because of the lag between the mice and the comp.

steve

Max wrote:

> "steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> pixel wrote:
>>
>> > has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
>> > of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
>> > which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
>> > a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
>> > that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
>> > cool.

>> I have the Microsoft cordless Explorer.
>>
>> Bloody good mouse. Works well with all my FPS, kill-or-be-killed games.
>>
>> USB attached, too.
>>
>> \

> I have that too, but does have noticable lag. I prefer corded for
> precision work.

OK....I'll have to keep an eye out and see if I notice any lag.

smf

Krazy Bob wrote:
> "XP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:55:39 +1300, pixel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
>>> of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
>>> which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
>>> a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
>>> that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
>>> cool.

>> None are recommended for Games.
>>

> Crap for games, But i have Razer Plasma limited edition, does bloody good
> IMO
>
> KB

mmm me too .... awesome mouse ... unbeatable on a titan everglide
surface too ....

Craig Shore

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 16:51:37 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Max wrote:
>

>> "steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I have the Microsoft cordless Explorer.
>>>
>>> Bloody good mouse. Works well with all my FPS, kill-or-be-killed games.
>>>
>>> USB attached, too.
>>>
>>> \

>> I have that too, but does have noticable lag. I prefer corded for
>> precision work.

>OK....I'll have to keep an eye out and see if I notice any lag.

There's no reason why you can't have two mice plugged in, a cordless for general
work, and a corded for precision work.