Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Microphone control on windows

Microphone control on windows

Krazy Bob

I recently re-formatted and installed win xp & sp2, and everything is fine
now or it will be once im finished loading all the progs i need.

There is one programe i need called team speak 2, which runs fine and all,
but when i go to use it, no one can hear me speak, unless i take "mute" off
from the microphone list in the volume control, however by doing this it is
making the microphone permentaly active and im getting *really* bad echo's
from it being always on, esp when its near the speakers. Soon as i put mute
back on, no one can hear me :-s

Hopefully someone be able to help me out here
Cheers in advance

KB

Dave Taylor

"Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
newsZRlf.6583$(E-Mail Removed):

> There is one programe i need called team speak 2, which runs fine and
> all, but when i go to use it, no one can hear me speak, unless i take
> "mute" off from the microphone list in the volume control, however by
> doing this it is making the microphone permentaly active and im
> getting *really* bad echo's from it being always on, esp when its near
> the speakers. Soon as i put mute back on, no one can hear me :-s

Go buy a headset.
Try looking for Echo Cancel mode in the "teamspeak" software.

One or the other is the standard fix.

--
Ciao, Dave

David

Krazy Bob wrote:
> I recently re-formatted and installed win xp & sp2, and everything is fine
> now or it will be once im finished loading all the progs i need.
>
> There is one programe i need called team speak 2, which runs fine and all,
> but when i go to use it, no one can hear me speak, unless i take "mute" off
> from the microphone list in the volume control, however by doing this it is
> making the microphone permentaly active and im getting *really* bad echo's
> from it being always on, esp when its near the speakers. Soon as i put mute
> back on, no one can hear me :-s
>
> Hopefully someone be able to help me out here
> Cheers in advance
>
> KB

Are you using the recording control? File->properties->recording. That
might help.

Mark Remfrey

"Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsZRlf.6583$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I recently re-formatted and installed win xp & sp2, and everything is fine
>now or it will be once im finished loading all the progs i need.
>
> There is one programe i need called team speak 2, which runs fine and all,
> but when i go to use it, no one can hear me speak, unless i take "mute"
> off from the microphone list in the volume control, however by doing this
> it is making the microphone permentaly active and im getting *really* bad
> echo's from it being always on, esp when its near the speakers. Soon as i
> put mute back on, no one can hear me :-s
>
> Hopefully someone be able to help me out here
> Cheers in advance

I use TeamSpeak2 daily.....

Are you sure you have TS set to a talk key, and not voice activation? If on
voice activation, also make sure the threshold is not too low.

One other thing you may want to do is go through the mic setup in Messenger
to set it the mic levels before working with TS.

If you need a hand with this, lemme know, and we can set up to connect on
our TS server and work it out.

--

Regards,
Mark Remfrey

"Two wrongs don't make a right.... it usually takes three or more!"

Krazy Bob

"Dave Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9726DAF0E7E25daveytaynospamplshot@203.97.3 7.6...
> "Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> newsZRlf.6583$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> There is one programe i need called team speak 2, which runs fine and
>> all, but when i go to use it, no one can hear me speak, unless i take
>> "mute" off from the microphone list in the volume control, however by
>> doing this it is making the microphone permentaly active and im
>> getting *really* bad echo's from it being always on, esp when its near
>> the speakers. Soon as i put mute back on, no one can hear me :-s

> Go buy a headset.
> Try looking for Echo Cancel mode in the "teamspeak" software.

This does not fix the problem, as when i breath into the microphone piece, i
can hear it comming out of my speakers, and there is no echo cancel mode in
team speak, i can't understand whats happening tho, before it was fine, i
could talk without hearing it comming out of my speakers, but now my mic is
picking up everything.

cheers for your input tho

KB

Krazy Bob

news:rqSlf.6594$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Krazy Bob wrote:
>> I recently re-formatted and installed win xp & sp2, and everything is
>> fine now or it will be once im finished loading all the progs i need.
>>
>> There is one programe i need called team speak 2, which runs fine and
>> all, but when i go to use it, no one can hear me speak, unless i take
>> "mute" off from the microphone list in the volume control, however by
>> doing this it is making the microphone permentaly active and im getting
>> *really* bad echo's from it being always on, esp when its near the
>> speakers. Soon as i put mute back on, no one can hear me :-s
>>
>> Hopefully someone be able to help me out here
>> Cheers in advance
>>
>> KB

> Are you using the recording control? File->properties->recording. That
> might help.

Doing what you suggested there, only records what is being said in the whole
team speak channel,

KB

Krazy Bob

"Mark Remfrey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nySlf.6598$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsZRlf.6583$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I recently re-formatted and installed win xp & sp2, and everything is fine
>>now or it will be once im finished loading all the progs i need.
>>
>> There is one programe i need called team speak 2, which runs fine and
>> all, but when i go to use it, no one can hear me speak, unless i take
>> "mute" off from the microphone list in the volume control, however by
>> doing this it is making the microphone permentaly active and im getting
>> *really* bad echo's from it being always on, esp when its near the
>> speakers. Soon as i put mute back on, no one can hear me :-s
>>
>> Hopefully someone be able to help me out here
>> Cheers in advance
>>

> I use TeamSpeak2 daily.....
>
> Are you sure you have TS set to a talk key, and not voice activation? If
> on voice activation, also make sure the threshold is not too low.
>
> One other thing you may want to do is go through the mic setup in
> Messenger to set it the mic levels before working with TS.
>
> If you need a hand with this, lemme know, and we can set up to connect on
> our TS server and work it out.

Yea cheers mate, everyone has been set up correctly i went over each setting
with the server admin and it was all sweet, and out of randomness, i turned
on the "line in" function as well as "mic in" function and now it works how
it did before...bloody windows for ya.

Just out of random, would you know why after a certain time everything i say
comes out all statically leaving me getting booted out of ts by the sa, and
having to reboot to get it back to normal??

cheers for your help you
KB

If you ever want to drop in our TS for a chat our address is
203.13.37.55:8776
Look for LoneStar

Krazy Bob

"Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsZRlf.6583$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I recently re-formatted and installed win xp & sp2, and everything is fine
>now or it will be once im finished loading all the progs i need.
>
> There is one programe i need called team speak 2, which runs fine and all,
> but when i go to use it, no one can hear me speak, unless i take "mute"
> off from the microphone list in the volume control, however by doing this
> it is making the microphone permentaly active and im getting *really* bad
> echo's from it being always on, esp when its near the speakers. Soon as i
> put mute back on, no one can hear me :-s
>
> Hopefully someone be able to help me out here
> Cheers in advance
>
> KB

Problem solved...
i turned on the "line in" function as well as "mic in" function and now it
works how it did before...bloody windows for ya.

NZed

I used team speak ages ago.....I presently use skype.
Can anyone tell me how many people in can use Team Speak in conference and
if the quality is compairibly good as skype ie 4 or 5 people ?
NZed

"Krazy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsZRlf.6583$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recently re-formatted and installed win xp & sp2, and everything is fine
> now or it will be once im finished loading all the progs i need.
>
> There is one programe i need called team speak 2, which runs fine and all,
> but when i go to use it, no one can hear me speak, unless i take "mute"

off
> from the microphone list in the volume control, however by doing this it

is
> making the microphone permentaly active and im getting *really* bad echo's
> from it being always on, esp when its near the speakers. Soon as i put

mute
> back on, no one can hear me :-s
>
> Hopefully someone be able to help me out here
> Cheers in advance
>
> KB

NZed

We all use broadband or cable ..Just thinking that team speak being Peer to
peer may be better ?
NZed