Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Mobile phone to PC transfer

Mobile phone to PC transfer

Matthew

I have an Alcatel 735 phone, and have been trying to figure out how to
transfer pictures taken with the phone's camera via an infrared link to my
PC. I have already been able to successfully synchronise the directory in
the phone with the Contacts in MS Outlook via the infrared connection, so I
know the link itself is OK. The problem is I just can't seem to find any
option/command in the phone or any application in the supplied PC software
(Alcatel One Touch PC Suite) to transfer images between the two devices.
The IntelliSynch software I used to synchronise the address books doesn't
seem to handle images.

Anybody else have/had one of these phones and can point me in the right
direction?

Craig Shore

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 17:13:33 +1300, "Matthew" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have an Alcatel 735 phone, and have been trying to figure out how to
>transfer pictures taken with the phone's camera via an infrared link to my
>PC. I have already been able to successfully synchronise the directory in
>the phone with the Contacts in MS Outlook via the infrared connection, so I
>know the link itself is OK. The problem is I just can't seem to find any
>option/command in the phone or any application in the supplied PC software
>(Alcatel One Touch PC Suite) to transfer images between the two devices.
>The IntelliSynch software I used to synchronise the address books doesn't
>seem to handle images.
>
>Anybody else have/had one of these phones and can point me in the right
>direction?

Try just sending the images via infrared from the phone. This will probably
invole turning on infrared in the phone then when bringing up the image
selecting options or something like that, then send, then infrared.
I'm not familiar with the phone or the software but that's how i've done it with
a SonyEricsson and a Panasonic.

Matthew

"Craig Shore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 17:13:33 +1300, "Matthew"
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>I have an Alcatel 735 phone, and have been trying to figure out how to
>>transfer pictures taken with the phone's camera via an infrared link to my
>>PC.

> Try just sending the images via infrared from the phone. This will
> probably
> invole turning on infrared in the phone then when bringing up the image
> selecting options or something like that, then send, then infrared.
> I'm not familiar with the phone or the software but that's how i've done
> it with
> a SonyEricsson and a Panasonic.

The options I have been able to find through the menus available on the
images only seem to allow for the sending of an image to another phone or an
e-mail address. I haven't been able to find any option to send the image
"via infrared". I wish it were that simple. Thanks anyway.

Craig Shore

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 22:46:19 +1300, "Matthew" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Craig Shore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 17:13:33 +1300, "Matthew"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I have an Alcatel 735 phone, and have been trying to figure out how to
>>>transfer pictures taken with the phone's camera via an infrared link to my
>>>PC.

>> Try just sending the images via infrared from the phone. This will
>> probably
>> invole turning on infrared in the phone then when bringing up the image
>> selecting options or something like that, then send, then infrared.
>> I'm not familiar with the phone or the software but that's how i've done
>> it with
>> a SonyEricsson and a Panasonic.
>>

>The options I have been able to find through the menus available on the
>images only seem to allow for the sending of an image to another phone or an
>e-mail address. I haven't been able to find any option to send the image
>"via infrared". I wish it were that simple. Thanks anyway.

That's a shame. Nokia and Sharp phones have that option too. Have used it for
phone to phone transfers of ringtones, porn, etc.