Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > IP software sugestions ?

IP software sugestions ?

paradise

How many of you like myself have had a situation when you have different
applications to reset your IP address for LAN ?
ie router...cable modem...camera server...
each dam time you disconnect and use a different application I have to
delete ...write down the settings to remember and then put in the new
settings which you have to record to !
Surely there must be a simpler way or a third party software to go with
windows XP.
I was thinking of something like the connections software for connections to
your dial up modem.
Anyone have a solution, suggestions welcome.

NZed

Bart

"paradise" <nzed> wrote in message news:43901aa8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How many of you like myself have had a situation when you have different
> applications to reset your IP address for LAN ?
> ie router...cable modem...camera server...
> each dam time you disconnect and use a different application I have to
> delete ...write down the settings to remember and then put in the new
> settings which you have to record to !
> Surely there must be a simpler way or a third party software to go with
> windows XP.
> I was thinking of something like the connections software for connections
> to your dial up modem.
> Anyone have a solution, suggestions welcome.
>
> NZed

I wrote just this application late last year when I failed to find anything
to do the job. I have the need to take my laptop to many different LAN's,
and what a pain to change IP addresses all the time. I also built in a way
of saving and recalling different configurations to make life easier. works
well for me and my colleges but have never really beta tested it. Email me
and I will forward a copy of it to you to use. I wrote it in VB6 so you will
need the correct runtime. it has been tested on Win2000 and XP. it will not
run on 98 or NT4 because of the need to reboot. I wouldn't mind some feed
back once you use it for a while.

Ray Greene

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 22:59:10 +1300, "paradise" <nzed> wrote:

>How many of you like myself have had a situation when you have different
>applications to reset your IP address for LAN ?
>ie router...cable modem...camera server...
>each dam time you disconnect and use a different application I have to
>delete ...write down the settings to remember and then put in the new
>settings which you have to record to !
>Surely there must be a simpler way or a third party software to go with
>windows XP.
>I was thinking of something like the connections software for connections to
>your dial up modem.
>Anyone have a solution, suggestions welcome.

MultiNetwork Manager from http://www.globesoft.com/ is very good. You can
select a different network profile before you log on which saves a bit of
time. $US9.95 for the standard edition.

--
Ray Greene

Kiwi

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 22:59:10 +1300, "paradise" <nzed> wrote:

>How many of you like myself have had a situation when you have different
>applications to reset your IP address for LAN ?
>ie router...cable modem...camera server...
>each dam time you disconnect and use a different application I have to
>delete ...write down the settings to remember and then put in the new
>settings which you have to record to !
>Surely there must be a simpler way or a third party software to go with
>windows XP.
>I was thinking of something like the connections software for connections to
>your dial up modem.
>Anyone have a solution, suggestions welcome.
>
>NZed

I use Netswitcher from www.netswitcher.com on my work laptop all the
time. You can create as many profiles as you wish and change just by
right clicking on the system tray icon to bring up a list of profiles.

Cheers, Kiwi

NZed

Thanks guys ...sounds like at least one of these options will work
NZed