Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > What Firefox needs..

What Firefox needs..

JC

A couple of things Firefox needs iin my opinion is a new page/tab button
on the main toolbar and also the ability to close tabs individually.
Unless it already has this feature and I am missing something.

JC

JC wrote:
> A couple of things Firefox needs iin my opinion is a new page/tab button
> on the main toolbar and also the ability to close tabs individually.
> Unless it already has this feature and I am missing something.

Closing tabs without right clicking I mean.

Nik Coughlin

JC wrote:
> JC wrote:
>> A couple of things Firefox needs iin my opinion is a new page/tab
>> button on the main toolbar and also the ability to close tabs
>> individually. Unless it already has this feature and I am missing
>> something.

> Closing tabs without right clicking I mean.

Wish granted!

You can open a new tab by double clicking a blank space on the tab bar, and
there is a close current tab button on the far right side of that same bar.

JC

Nik Coughlin wrote:
> JC wrote:
>
>>JC wrote:
>>
>>>A couple of things Firefox needs iin my opinion is a new page/tab
>>>button on the main toolbar and also the ability to close tabs
>>>individually. Unless it already has this feature and I am missing
>>>something.

>>Closing tabs without right clicking I mean.

> Wish granted!
>
> You can open a new tab by double clicking a blank space on the tab bar, and
> there is a close current tab button on the far right side of that same bar.

True, but if you have just two tabs open and click the close current tab
button, it closes both of them. Does on my computer anyway. What I was
meaning was a feature like Opera where there is a close button on each
tab. I didn't know about the double click though, thanks for that.

Nicholas Sherlock

JC wrote:
> A couple of things Firefox needs iin my opinion is a new page/tab button
> on the main toolbar

Right click, customize your toolbar, add the "New tab" button to your
toolbar.

> and also the ability to close tabs individually.

Middle click on the tab.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Richard

Nik Coughlin wrote:

> Wish granted!
>
> You can open a new tab by double clicking a blank space on the tab bar, and
> there is a close current tab button on the far right side of that same bar.

1.5 also finally adds reordering tabs

Shane

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 12:47:20 +1300, JC wrote:

> Nik Coughlin wrote:
>> JC wrote:

>>>Closing tabs without right clicking I mean.

>> Wish granted!
>>
>> You can open a new tab by double clicking a blank space on the tab bar, and
>> there is a close current tab button on the far right side of that same bar.
>>

> True, but if you have just two tabs open and click the close current tab
> button, it closes both of them. Does on my computer anyway. What I was
> meaning was a feature like Opera where there is a close button on each
> tab. I didn't know about the double click though, thanks for that.

ctrl W
to close current tab

Matthew Poole

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:47:20 +1300, someone purporting to be JC didst
scrawl:

> Nik Coughlin wrote:

*SNIP*
> True, but if you have just two tabs open and click the close current tab
> button, it closes both of them. Does on my computer anyway. What I was
> meaning was a feature like Opera where there is a close button on each
> tab. I didn't know about the double click though, thanks for that.

Edit, Preferences, Advanced. In the Tabbed Browsing section, you can get
it to display the tab bar when only one tab is open.

--
Matthew Poole
"Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

N.Oway

JC wrote:
> a new page/tab button

Ctrl-T

> the ability to close tabs individually

Ctrl-W

GraB

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 12:35:29 +1300, JC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>A couple of things Firefox needs iin my opinion is a new page/tab button
>on the main toolbar and also the ability to close tabs individually.
>Unless it already has this feature and I am missing something.

Tried one of the tab browser extensions?