Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > PDF Writer Program

PDF Writer Program

Rider

Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that doesn't
have popups or watermarks?

Any help appreciated

Rider

JC

Rider wrote:
> Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that doesn't
> have popups or watermarks?
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> Rider

Yep, Primo PDF and open office

Rider

"JC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:dml219$93o$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rider wrote:
>> Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that
>> doesn't have popups or watermarks?
>>
>> Any help appreciated
>>
>> Rider
>>

> Yep, Primo PDF and open office

Just installed Primo ... damn thing doesn't want to actually print anything.
Looks like its doing something but nothing comes out of the printer.

It's going to be one of those days I think. I've told the Primo driver to
'copy stdout to printer' and picked the printer I want to use ... anything
else I've missed?

Rider

shannon

Rider wrote:
> Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that doesn't
> have popups or watermarks?
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> Rider

http://sector7g.wurzel6.de/pdfcreator/index_en.htm
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

shannon

Rider wrote:
> "JC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:dml219$93o$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Rider wrote:
>>> Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that
>>> doesn't have popups or watermarks?
>>>
>>> Any help appreciated
>>>
>>> Rider
>>>

>> Yep, Primo PDF and open office

> Just installed Primo ... damn thing doesn't want to actually print anything.
> Looks like its doing something but nothing comes out of the printer.
>
> It's going to be one of those days I think. I've told the Primo driver to
> 'copy stdout to printer' and picked the printer I want to use ... anything
> else I've missed?
>
> Rider

Use Acrobat Reader to print, most of the pdf writer apps come up with a
print dialogue and print to a pdf file at the file location you select.

Rider

"shannon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:438e1409$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rider wrote:
>> "JC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:dml219$93o$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Yep, Primo PDF and open office

>> Just installed Primo ... damn thing doesn't want to actually print
>> anything. Looks like its doing something but nothing comes out of the
>> printer.
>>
>> It's going to be one of those days I think. I've told the Primo driver to
>> 'copy stdout to printer' and picked the printer I want to use ...
>> anything else I've missed?
>>
>> Rider
>>

> Use Acrobat Reader to print, most of the pdf writer apps come up with a
> print dialogue and print to a pdf file at the file location you select.

Yeah I can get it to open in the Reader program, but it doesn't
automatically print.

My understanding was that it was supposed to print automatically, not open
Adobe Reader and you click on print.

Might just go home now LOL

Rider

Mackin_NZ

Rider wrote:

> Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that doesn't
> have popups or watermarks?
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> Rider

I use CutePDF Writer. Works very well.

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

Mackin

pixel

"Rider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:szojf.4893$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "shannon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:438e1409$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Use Acrobat Reader to print, most of the pdf writer apps come up with a
>> print dialogue and print to a pdf file at the file location you select.

> Yeah I can get it to open in the Reader program, but it doesn't
> automatically print.
>
> My understanding was that it was supposed to print automatically, not open
> Adobe Reader and you click on print.

Nope. It just "prints" to a pdf file, and opens Acrobat Reader for you.
You have to click on print.
Why not print from the source ? and then print to pdf.

Ralph Fox

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:01:22 +1300, in message
*<mynjf.4878$(E-Mail Removed)>, Rider wrote:

> Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that doesn't
> have popups or watermarks?
>
> Any help appreciated

For more ideas, check this thread from a few months ago

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=dd9rij$45r$1%40lust.ihug.co.nz

| Subject: word 2000 to pdf converter
| From: gimp
| Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 21:04:22 +1200
| Newsgroups: nz.comp

John in Surrey

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:28:55 +1300, JC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

cutePDF is what you need...
john
Images of home (NZ)
http:\\www.myplace.co.nz/home