Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > PDF Writer Program

PDF Writer Program

Rider

"pixel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bavjf.5003$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Rider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:szojf.4893$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "shannon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:438e1409$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Use Acrobat Reader to print, most of the pdf writer apps come up with a
>>> print dialogue and print to a pdf file at the file location you select.

>> Yeah I can get it to open in the Reader program, but it doesn't
>> automatically print.
>>
>> My understanding was that it was supposed to print automatically, not
>> open Adobe Reader and you click on print.
>>

> Nope. It just "prints" to a pdf file, and opens Acrobat Reader for you.
> You have to click on print.
> Why not print from the source ? and then print to pdf.

Yeah I've figured out it doesn't go straight to printer. Also, none of the
free ones merge documents to one PDF file.

I'm regretting telling this person that there are free PDF 'print' systems.

LoL

Rider

"Rider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:mynjf.4878$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that doesn't
> have popups or watermarks?
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> Rider

Thanks for all the help guys. Much appreciated.

Rider

Alan

"Rider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WoIjf.5080$(E-Mail Removed)
> "pixel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bavjf.5003$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Rider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:szojf.4893$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "shannon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:438e1409$(E-Mail Removed)...

location

>>> Yeah I can get it to open in the Reader program, but it doesn't
>>> automatically print.
>>>
>>> My understanding was that it was supposed to print automatically,
>>> not open Adobe Reader and you click on print.
>>>

>> Nope. It just "prints" to a pdf file, and opens Acrobat Reader for
>> you. You have to click on print.
>> Why not print from the source ? and then print to pdf.
>>

> Yeah I've figured out it doesn't go straight to printer. Also, none
> of the free ones merge documents to one PDF file.
>
> I'm regretting telling this person that there are free PDF 'print'
> systems.
>
> LoL

You can use PDFMerge (free) to merge PDFs and it always works fine
with PDFCreator (also free) for our users.

I actually have Adobe Acrobat 7 on my machine too and I actually find
PDFMerge is quicker and easier to use to merge PDFs.

Alan.

else associated with me.

My current valid email address is:

email address.

ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

Rob J

In article <mynjf.4878$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that doesn't
> have popups or watermarks?
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> Rider

PrimoPDF

Rob J

In article <Q%njf.4885$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...

> "JC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:dml219$93o$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Rider wrote:
> >> Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that
> >> doesn't have popups or watermarks?
> >>
> >> Any help appreciated
> >>
> >> Rider
> >>

> > Yep, Primo PDF and open office

> Just installed Primo ... damn thing doesn't want to actually print anything.
> Looks like its doing something but nothing comes out of the printer.

Huh?
The point of this program is to generate a PDF *FILE* - not printed
output.