Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > ANNOUNCE: Auckland Linux Installfest on Saturday 3 Dec

ANNOUNCE: Auckland Linux Installfest on Saturday 3 Dec

Ant

This is to tell you about the Linux Installfest that the Aucklug is holding
at the North Shore Events Centre starting at 9am on Saturday 3 Dec 2005.
There are more details on http://installfest.linux.net.nz/aucklug05/
But briefly:

- if you bring a computer along we'll install Linux on it for you
- if you have any Linux questions come along and we'll try to answer them
- we'll have copies of the the latest distributions for you to take away and
try in the privacy of your own home, if you want
- if you just want to come and have a look at Linux and other Open Source
Software running we should have lots of different computers for you to
check out
- if you've heard about Linux but don't quite know why you should try it -
well, come and see - I think you'll be pretty impressed

All of the above is - of course - free.

If you want to pre-register to tell us what hardware you're bringing that
would be helpful, but it's not essential.

See you on Saturday!