Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > No Apologies

No Apologies

Squirrel

With the advent of so much user friendly software and equipment, I
make no apologies for this seemingly ridiculous question.

Back to basics:

Do memory measurements go in this order kb mg gig

I use 1G BB for the speed and phone user ability, but I would like to
download a movie approx 700mg, does this mean most of my uasge, ie
300mg left per month???

I genuinely do want to learn, I guess I just might need more help than
others.

Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

EMB

Squirrel wrote:
> With the advent of so much user friendly software and equipment, I
> make no apologies for this seemingly ridiculous question.
>
> Back to basics:
>
> Do memory measurements go in this order kb mg gig
>
> I use 1G BB for the speed and phone user ability, but I would like to
> download a movie approx 700mg, does this mean most of my uasge, ie
> 300mg left per month???
>
> I genuinely do want to learn, I guess I just might need more help than
> others.

Have a google for SI units if you want the definitive answer.

And yes, 1GB is effectively 1000MB, so your maths is correct .

--
EMB

Tim

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 21:38:57 +1300, Squirrel wrote:

> With the advent of so much user friendly software and equipment, I
> make no apologies for this seemingly ridiculous question.
>
> Back to basics:
>
> Do memory measurements go in this order kb mg gig

Correct

> I use 1G BB for the speed and phone user ability, but I would like to
> download a movie approx 700mg, does this mean most of my uasge, ie
> 300mg left per month???

Correct

XPD

"Squirrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> With the advent of so much user friendly software and equipment, I
> make no apologies for this seemingly ridiculous question.
>
> Back to basics:
>
> Do memory measurements go in this order kb mg gig
>
> I use 1G BB for the speed and phone user ability, but I would like to
> download a movie approx 700mg, does this mean most of my uasge, ie
> 300mg left per month???
>
> I genuinely do want to learn, I guess I just might need more help than
> others.

KB, MB, GB - yup

If you have a 1GB cap per month and you use 700 in a day or 2 for a movie,
yes you do end up with 300mb left

BTMO

"XPD" <> wrote

> KB, MB, GB - yup

Strictly, "KB" should be "kB".

E. Scrooge

"BTMO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_dVif.4486$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "XPD" <> wrote
>
>> KB, MB, GB - yup

> Strictly, "KB" should be "kB".

Try telling Microsoft that.

All posts show up in KB, not kB.

E. Scrooge

BTMO

"E. Scrooge" <> wrote

> Try telling Microsoft that.
>
> All posts show up in KB, not kB.

They are Americans. Americans just don't get SI...

EMB

BTMO wrote:

> They are Americans. Americans just don't get SI...

......among other things.

--
EMB

Phstpok

XPD wrote:
> "Squirrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>With the advent of so much user friendly software and equipment, I
>>make no apologies for this seemingly ridiculous question.
>>
>>Back to basics:
>>
>>Do memory measurements go in this order kb mg gig
>>
>>I use 1G BB for the speed and phone user ability, but I would like to
>>download a movie approx 700mg, does this mean most of my uasge, ie
>>300mg left per month???
>>
>>I genuinely do want to learn, I guess I just might need more help than
>>others.

> KB, MB, GB - yup

and of course tB (terabyte). Which is not far from becoming the standard
for home users. 500gB drives now available. Another year for tB drives,
another year later that we will need them?

Phstpok

Squirrel

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 21:48:06 +1300, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Squirrel wrote:
>> With the advent of so much user friendly software and equipment, I
>> make no apologies for this seemingly ridiculous question.
>>
>> Back to basics:
>>
>> Do memory measurements go in this order kb mg gig
>>
>> I use 1G BB for the speed and phone user ability, but I would like to
>> download a movie approx 700mg, does this mean most of my uasge, ie
>> 300mg left per month???
>>
>> I genuinely do want to learn, I guess I just might need more help than
>> others.

>Have a google for SI units if you want the definitive answer.
>
>And yes, 1GB is effectively 1000MB, so your maths is correct .

thanx

Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

My apologies simplibizgmj HTML 2 02-28-2006 11:57 AM
Something amusing (origin unknown, apologies to the author ;-) ) slumpy Computer Support 2 08-20-2003 11:35 PM
Apologies Ron Williams MCSE 1 08-13-2003 02:46 PM
Start up applications - apologies for asking again!! Bob Computer Support 4 07-06-2003 05:11 AM
Re: apologies wrong address for last post Pascal Chevrel Firefox 2 06-29-2003 10:46 AM

Advertisments