Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Advent PCs

Advent PCs

stu_yates@tiscali.co.uk

I have an Advent 3117 and cannot find the setup sheet.
I am having trouble connecting the speakers / monitor to the desktop.
The problem is that sound come from both the monitor and speakers,
however I cannot figure out which way the wire connect to each other
and also to the desktop. Can anyone help?

PC

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I have an Advent 3117 and cannot find the setup sheet.
> I am having trouble connecting the speakers / monitor to the desktop.
> The problem is that sound come from both the monitor and speakers,
> however I cannot figure out which way the wire connect to each other
> and also to the desktop. Can anyone help?

Stu

Not familiar with the Advent "3117" but from your description it sounds like
you have speakers in your monitor 'and' other external speakers (2? 3? 4?
you don't say)

If it conforms to the 'normal' connection standards at the back of the
System Box will be 3 sockets nominally marked Mic (pink) Line In (blue)
Green (Speaker Out)

One connection set up would be to connect the Green output to 'either' the
monitor speakers 'or' 2 of the other external speakers.
This will give you normal 'stereo'

The other possibility is if your sound card can go into '6 channel' mode
(front L, R & center, rear L & R, Subwoofer) you can plug your monitor into
the green sockets for your front L & R then the other external speakers into
the blue line in and pink mic sockets to give you the other (rear, centre &
subwoofer) outputs.
You will 'have' to read the documentation that came with you PC to determine
how to switch it to 6 channel mode and for which socket becomes which
output.
A lot of sound chipsets will switch automatically to output mode when they
sense a speaker plugged into the socket.

This page gives you some idea http://www.aopen.nl/tech/techinside/5.1C.htm

Cheers
Paul.

Car PCs, mini PCs run Linux and windowsXP Andy Computer Information 0 01-27-2006 02:14 AM
Car PCs, mini PCs run Linux and windowsXP Andy NZ Computing 0 01-26-2006 01:23 AM
Review: FF7: Advent Children Gez Media 6 11-22-2005 04:06 AM
the advent of longhorn Session Mwamufiya MCSE 182 06-24-2004 11:55 PM
Advent 5490 Notebook - Replace DVD Drive. JayneB Computer Support 3 01-06-2004 09:36 PM

Advertisments