Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > D-Link wireless link keeps dropping out

D-Link wireless link keeps dropping out

=?Utf-8?B?U0FG?=

just installed a d-link wireless dsl router (DSL-G604t) and D-Link USB
wireless adapter (DWL-G122). DSL link works fine but wireless link keeps
connecting and dropping outafter 10-20 seconds despite excellent signal
strength. Disabled windows firewall and tried various settings but all no no
avail - help!

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
About signal Strength, http://www.ezlan.net/wbars.html
Try to change channels usually ch. 11 and 1 are less noisy.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"SAF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> just installed a d-link wireless dsl router (DSL-G604t) and D-Link USB
> wireless adapter (DWL-G122). DSL link works fine but wireless link keeps
> connecting and dropping outafter 10-20 seconds despite excellent signal
> strength. Disabled windows firewall and tried various settings but all no
> no
> avail - help!

=?Utf-8?B?U0FG?=

thanks Jack, but I have tried channel 1, 6, 11 - getting best results on 11
but still dropping out. I will check outthe link - thanks again
SAF

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> About signal Strength, http://www.ezlan.net/wbars.html
> Try to change channels usually ch. 11 and 1 are less noisy.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "SAF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > just installed a d-link wireless dsl router (DSL-G604t) and D-Link USB
> > wireless adapter (DWL-G122). DSL link works fine but wireless link keeps
> > connecting and dropping outafter 10-20 seconds despite excellent signal
> > strength. Disabled windows firewall and tried various settings but all no
> > no
> > avail - help!

David

I had a problem with a DWL-G122. Tried lots of things, driver, spyware,
virus, reinstall, etc and finally gave up. I tossed the 122; installed a
Buffalo internal PCI wireless adapter; and everything is great.

David