Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > FA on TradeMe A box ofcomputer goodies $20 *No reserve*

FA on TradeMe A box ofcomputer goodies $20 *No reserve*

Southern Kiwi

Having a clean out, other guff from under the workbench as well

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/0...n-41154317.htm

--
-- Cheers
Southern Kiwi

whoisthis

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:

> Having a clean out, other guff from under the workbench as well
>

> http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/0...n-41154317.htm

what do you mean "No reserve", $20 IS THE RESERVE, no reserve means I
could offer $0.01 and have it accepted as a valid bid.

Southern Kiwi

"whoisthis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Having a clean out, other guff from under the workbench as well
>>

>> http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/0...n-41154317.htm

> what do you mean "No reserve", $20 IS THE RESERVE, no reserve means I
> could offer $0.01 and have it accepted as a valid bid.

I was following the generally accepted practice on Trademe that no reserve
means the starting bid buys it.
If you are keen I will change it to $1 start, how would that sound?
--
-- Cheers
Southern Kiwi
southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com
not as old....or mystic......or wise....or high...

David

Southern Kiwi wrote:
> "whoisthis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>"Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Having a clean out, other guff from under the workbench as well
>>>

>>>http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/0...n-41154317.htm

>>what do you mean "No reserve", $20 IS THE RESERVE, no reserve means I
>>could offer $0.01 and have it accepted as a valid bid.

> I was following the generally accepted practice on Trademe that no reserve
> means the starting bid buys it.

Don't they call that "S=R", otherwise its "$1 reserve". I know of no "no
reserve" auctions on trademe, its always at least $1.
> If you are keen I will change it to $1 start, how would that sound?

Richard

Southern Kiwi wrote:

> I was following the generally accepted practice on Trademe that no reserve
> means the starting bid buys it.
> If you are keen I will change it to $1 start, how would that sound?

Thats something that ****es me off with trademe, I think you should be able to
choose either a start bid, or a reserve, or no reseve that will let the first
person bid $0.05 if they choose to.

Southern Kiwi

news:b1rgf.2797$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Southern Kiwi wrote:
>> "whoisthis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>>what do you mean "No reserve", $20 IS THE RESERVE, no reserve means I
>>>could offer $0.01 and have it accepted as a valid bid.

>> I was following the generally accepted practice on Trademe that no
>> reserve means the starting bid buys it.

> Don't they call that "S=R", otherwise its "$1 reserve". I know of no "no
> reserve" auctions on trademe, its always at least $1.
>> If you are keen I will change it to $1 start, how would that sound?

Trade me puts up a flag that says "No Reserve" when you have the start price
the same as the reserve......which is where I got the idea for the title
from.
However to appease the masses (or the old grumbler) I have changed it to
read S=R Happy?

If not ....................I DON'T CARE, .........................

whoisthis

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:

> "whoisthis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > "Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Having a clean out, other guff from under the workbench as well
> >>

> >> http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/0...n-41154317.htm

> > what do you mean "No reserve", $20 IS THE RESERVE, no reserve means I
> > could offer $0.01 and have it accepted as a valid bid.

> I was following the generally accepted practice on Trademe that no reserve
> means the starting bid buys it.
> If you are keen I will change it to $1 start, how would that sound?

I am just ****ed off with trademe because their system is at fault in
that it forces a misleading advert by the seller

davenetnz@gmail.com

whoisthis wrote:
> I am just ****ed off with trademe because their system is at fault in
> that it forces a misleading advert by the seller

wow... relax a little, stay away from trademe if it *that* upsetting.

Southern Kiwi

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> whoisthis wrote:
>> I am just ****ed off with trademe because their system is at fault in
>> that it forces a misleading advert by the seller

> wow... relax a little, stay away from trademe if it *that* upsetting.

*Footnote, sold for $20, now trying to get it to Auckland for the buyer (he
wanted it via courier until I priced it $36)