Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > firefox 1.5

firefox 1.5

news.xtra.co.nz

Firefox auto- installed on my PC today, and promptly lost all of my
bookmarks.

Also, the 'Add book mark' window does not work anymore. I add the book
mark, and a little window comes up in which you are supposed to click 'ok'
to add the book mark. I click OK, and nothing happens.

People may give microsoft ****, but this is pretty damn bad too.

Rob J

In article <WI6gf.2615$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Firefox auto- installed on my PC today, and promptly lost all of my
> bookmarks.
>
> Also, the 'Add book mark' window does not work anymore. I add the book
> mark, and a little window comes up in which you are supposed to click 'ok'
> to add the book mark. I click OK, and nothing happens.
>
> People may give microsoft ****, but this is pretty damn bad too.

FF doesn't autoinstall, you always have to click OK in a dialog box.

XPD

"news.xtra.co.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WI6gf.2615$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Firefox auto- installed on my PC today, and promptly lost all of my
> bookmarks.
>
> Also, the 'Add book mark' window does not work anymore. I add the book
> mark, and a little window comes up in which you are supposed to click 'ok'
> to add the book mark. I click OK, and nothing happens.
>
> People may give microsoft ****, but this is pretty damn bad too.

Have never ever seen any FF/Mozilla/Nutscrape auto-install itself - howd u
manage that ?

AD.

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:24:50 +1300, news.xtra.co.nz wrote:

> People may give microsoft ****, but this is pretty damn bad too.

Not many (sane) people give MS **** for bugs in pre release versions.

FF 1.5 hasn't been released yet, and 1.5 will be the first version with
any auto updating. Being the good beta tester you are, I assume you filed
a bug report?

--
Cheers
Anton

TomV

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Firefox auto- installed on my PC today, and promptly lost all of my
>bookmarks.
>
>Also, the 'Add book mark' window does not work anymore. I add the book
>mark, and a little window comes up in which you are supposed to click 'ok'
>to add the book mark. I click OK, and nothing happens.
>
>People may give microsoft ****, but this is pretty damn bad too.

The lastest install broke Flash for me. It hasn't annopyed me enough
to **** around trying to fix it though. I just pop Explorer open the
odd time there's flash I really want to see

....tom

Max

"news.xtra.co.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WI6gf.2615$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Firefox auto- installed on my PC today, and promptly lost all of my
> bookmarks.
>
> Also, the 'Add book mark' window does not work anymore. I add the book
> mark, and a little window comes up in which you are supposed to click 'ok'
> to add the book mark. I click OK, and nothing happens.
>
> People may give microsoft ****, but this is pretty damn bad too.

I don't like FF. On my 1GHz computer it takes forever to load compared to IE
and opera.

XP

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:24:50 +1300, "news.xtra.co.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Firefox auto- installed on my PC today, and promptly lost all of my
>bookmarks.
>
>Also, the 'Add book mark' window does not work anymore. I add the book
>mark, and a little window comes up in which you are supposed to click 'ok'
>to add the book mark. I click OK, and nothing happens.
>
>People may give microsoft ****, but this is pretty damn bad too.

No its the User that is CRAP, no problems here at all..

XP

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:34:40 +1300, "Max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"news.xtra.co.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:WI6gf.2615$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Firefox auto- installed on my PC today, and promptly lost all of my
>> bookmarks.
>>
>> Also, the 'Add book mark' window does not work anymore. I add the book
>> mark, and a little window comes up in which you are supposed to click 'ok'
>> to add the book mark. I click OK, and nothing happens.
>>
>> People may give microsoft ****, but this is pretty damn bad too.
>>

>I don't like FF. On my 1GHz computer it takes forever to load compared to IE
>and opera.

Not if you make it resident, Why do Crap users keep blaming the software when
its there own Fault..

news.xtra.co.nz

"Rob J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) z...
> In article <WI6gf.2615$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> Firefox auto- installed on my PC today, and promptly lost all of my
>> bookmarks.
>>
>> Also, the 'Add book mark' window does not work anymore. I add the book
>> mark, and a little window comes up in which you are supposed to click
>> 'ok'
>> to add the book mark. I click OK, and nothing happens.
>>
>> People may give microsoft ****, but this is pretty damn bad too.

> FF doesn't autoinstall, you always have to click OK in a dialog box.

OK, it downloaded itself at least - and, i did click ok.

Still it wiped out my bookmarks which is the real issue.

news.xtra.co.nz

"AD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:24:50 +1300, news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
>
>> People may give microsoft ****, but this is pretty damn bad too.

> Not many (sane) people give MS **** for bugs in pre release versions.
>
> FF 1.5 hasn't been released yet, and 1.5 will be the first version with
> any auto updating. Being the good beta tester you are, I assume you filed
> a bug report?
>
> --
> Cheers
> Anton

I am not a beta tester - this downloaded itself, and said 1.5 is ready.

When I go about to see the version, I get....

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1. Gecko/20051111
Firefox/1.5

Looks like 1.5 to me.