Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > ICONZ NNTP Server?

ICONZ NNTP Server?

Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

Is it true ICONZ does not offer a NNTP server?

Hmmm. I wanted to do something but preferably the server would be on their
network. If not from them, does anyone know of a good/cheap NNTP provider
(allowing download/posting of articles)?

Cheers

--
Mauricio Freitas
www.geekzone.co.nz

Peter Huebner

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid
says...
> Is it true ICONZ does not offer a NNTP server?
>
> Hmmm. I wanted to do something but preferably the server would be on their
> network. If not from them, does anyone know of a good/cheap NNTP provider
> (allowing download/posting of articles)?
>
> Cheers

It's true, they don't have one any more - it was shut down some months
ago. Took me quite a while to extract that info from sales staff
They didn't even know what nntp was ... <sigh>. Getting mine from
news.individual.net now.

-Peter

Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

Thanks... Will look into a third party then.

I use Paradise.net.nz at home, but needed something for the server.

Cheers

--
Mauricio Freitas
www.geekzone.co.nz
Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

"Peter Huebner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)lid
> says...
>> Is it true ICONZ does not offer a NNTP server?
>>
>> Hmmm. I wanted to do something but preferably the server would be on
>> their
>> network. If not from them, does anyone know of a good/cheap NNTP provider
>> (allowing download/posting of articles)?
>>
>> Cheers

> It's true, they don't have one any more - it was shut down some months
> ago. Took me quite a while to extract that info from sales staff
> They didn't even know what nntp was ... <sigh>. Getting mine from
> news.individual.net now.
>
> -Peter

> firstname dot lastname at gmail fullstop com

[ANN] NNTP client Library ruby-net-nntp 1.0.0 released Anton Bangratz Ruby 0 06-04-2008 03:12 PM
Posting to nntp newsgroup with Perl (Net::NNTP) sadie-no-reply Perl Misc 3 03-05-2007 01:04 AM
Cannot authenticate to NNTP server with Net::NNTP authinfo() usenet@DavidFilmer.com Perl Misc 7 08-09-2006 06:36 PM
iconz gamers -[Myth]- NZ Computing 0 02-14-2004 11:32 PM
ICONZ Jetstream Dude NZ Computing 0 11-07-2003 11:43 AM

Advertisments