Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > OT Parasurfing

OT Parasurfing

XP

Went down to Waikanae to see the Model Yachts, but the Parasurfing caught my
eye, seems to be taking over Windsurfing.

About 10 or more down their, and one was a nice looking French women, my Son
was asking her the price of the gear..

Seems that the gear can cost a lot, I think the French girl stated some 3000

Nicolaas Hawkins

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:27:46 +1300, XP <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
<news:(E-Mail Removed) >:

> Went down to Waikanae to see the Model Yachts, but the Parasurfing caught my
> eye, seems to be taking over Windsurfing.
>
> About 10 or more down their, and one was a nice looking French women, my Son
> was asking her the price of the gear..
>
> Seems that the gear can cost a lot, I think the French girl stated some 3000

Don't forget to ask also the price of insurance for when the inevitable
happens.

--
Regards,
Nicolaas.

.... Don't squat with your spurs on.

aum

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:43:05 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:27:46 +1300, XP <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> <news:(E-Mail Removed) >:
>
>> Went down to Waikanae to see the Model Yachts, but the Parasurfing caught my
>> eye, seems to be taking over Windsurfing.
>>
>> About 10 or more down their, and one was a nice looking French women, my Son
>> was asking her the price of the gear..
>>
>> Seems that the gear can cost a lot, I think the French girl stated some 3000

> Don't forget to ask also the price of insurance for when the inevitable
> happens.

One would have to use a good harness, or hang on really tight and have
some food and water in the backpack. It's a long trip to Buenos Aires.
Maybe the insurance would cover the flight back.

--

Cheers
aum

AD.

XP wrote:

> Went down to Waikanae to see the Model Yachts, but the Parasurfing caught my
> eye, seems to be taking over Windsurfing.

You mean Kitesurfing?

Waikanae is good for Kitesurfing (less wind and steadier wind with wide
open beaches) and pretty boring for Windsurfers unless it is really
windy - a few Windsurfers are pushing 70km/h on the Waikanae river mouth
http://www.wildwinds.co.nz/Speed.htm

Whereas Kitesurfing seems to have fizzled out a bit in Wellington
harbour - too windy/gusty and narrow rocky beaches (not very safe).

--
Cheers
Anton

Shane

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:11:04 +1300, AD. wrote:

> XP wrote:
>>
>> Went down to Waikanae to see the Model Yachts, but the Parasurfing caught my
>> eye, seems to be taking over Windsurfing.

> You mean Kitesurfing?
>
> Waikanae is good for Kitesurfing (less wind and steadier wind with wide
> open beaches) and pretty boring for Windsurfers unless it is really
> windy - a few Windsurfers are pushing 70km/h on the Waikanae river mouth
> http://www.wildwinds.co.nz/Speed.htm
>
> Whereas Kitesurfing seems to have fizzled out a bit in Wellington
> harbour - too windy/gusty and narrow rocky beaches (not very safe).

Theres a few kite surfers round here, the surfs too flat for surfboarding,
cant be enough wind for windsurfers (they normally head into the harbour)
But every man and his dog seem to be kitesurfing. The beach here runs
from Pleasure island to Maketu, (so about 25 k) with Tay street, Omanu,
Papamoa etc in between
The only thing that worries me with kitesurfing is things like that guy in
Takaka who caught a gust of wind, and it lifted him from the beach to his
house (and keeled the mofo)
Although apparently they have safety releases now

HTSTSOOP
(Hope this scares the **** out of people

news.xtra.co.nz

"XP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Went down to Waikanae to see the Model Yachts, but the Parasurfing
> caught my
> eye, seems to be taking over Windsurfing.
>
> About 10 or more down their, and one was a nice looking French women, my
> Son
> was asking her the price of the gear..
>
> Seems that the gear can cost a lot, I think the French girl stated some
> ?3000

psst, i can make you one for $100.

But, you must sign a waiver.

Daniel

AD. wrote:
> XP wrote:
>

>> Went down to Waikanae to see the Model Yachts, but the Parasurfing
>> caught my
>> eye, seems to be taking over Windsurfing.

> You mean Kitesurfing?
>
> Waikanae is good for Kitesurfing (less wind and steadier wind with wide
> open beaches) and pretty boring for Windsurfers unless it is really
> windy - a few Windsurfers are pushing 70km/h on the Waikanae river mouth
> http://www.wildwinds.co.nz/Speed.htm
>
> Whereas Kitesurfing seems to have fizzled out a bit in Wellington
> harbour - too windy/gusty and narrow rocky beaches (not very safe).

Well, my concern with those things is when you get the odd "stray"
kitesurfer who decides it would be a great idea to skateboard using one
of those things along a populated beach front.
When those things lose wind and come crashing down just hope your kid
isn't under it.
Fortunately, those who do that appear to be in the minority. Most of
them congregate at one end of the beach, and stay there - probably
deliberately for the issue I just mentioned.