Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > OpenOffice.org v2 problem - exporting presentations

OpenOffice.org v2 problem - exporting presentations

aum

Hi,

OpenOffice.org 2 is a major improvment over v1.

But there's a major problem here - OOimpress presentations I've created
within Debian Linux, and exported into Win2k/xp format, won't load (using
a winxp laptop running O2k).

Anyone else seen this?

I partly worked around it by exporting into OOImpress v1 format, loading
OOImpress1 and then exporting into win2k/xp format. Worked, but ended up
with a messy layout that needed some manual cleanup.

Any better workarounds?

---

Cheers
aum

Gordon

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 15:55:40 +1300, aum wrote:

> Hi,
>
> OpenOffice.org 2 is a major improvment over v1.
>
> But there's a major problem here - OOimpress presentations I've created
> within Debian Linux, and exported into Win2k/xp format, won't load (using
> a winxp laptop running O2k).
>
> Anyone else seen this?
>
> I partly worked around it by exporting into OOImpress v1 format, loading
> OOImpress1 and then exporting into win2k/xp format. Worked, but ended up
> with a messy layout that needed some manual cleanup.
>
> Any better workarounds?

The folks at Open Office might be interested in your findings.