Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Telstraclear Business Broadband Terms

Telstraclear Business Broadband Terms

SchoolTech

In their terms and conditions at
http://www.clear.net.nz/products/hig...net-cable.html
this paragraph appears:

The services are only available to business customers in connectable
premises on TelstraClear's cable network in Wellington and
Christchurch and to customers who have line rental and calling
services with TelstraClear. You acknowledge that termination of your
line rental and calling services for any reason will be a cancellation
of this agreement for the provision of services and may invoke the
payment of early termination charges by you

Does this mean ALL your lines have to be with Telstra? If you have say
five lines with Telstra and one with Telecom will they invoke this
clause and deny you broadband service?

I interpret it that you are required to buy these services from
Telstra on some lines, but not all. You can obviously only get their
service on lines that are connected to Telstra's network.

If this clause is intended to give Telstra sole control of all your
phone lines it would be an unacceptable strongarm tactic.

Note that there is a similar paragraph in the residential terms and
conditions. I expect this to have the same meaning / impact, i.e. "Our
services are only available on lines that are connected to our
network". There is no exclusivity requirement in either of these sets
of terms.

thingy

SchoolTech wrote:
> In their terms and conditions at
> http://www.clear.net.nz/products/hig...net-cable.html
> this paragraph appears:
>
> The services are only available to business customers in connectable
> premises on TelstraClear's cable network in Wellington and
> Christchurch and to customers who have line rental and calling
> services with TelstraClear. You acknowledge that termination of your
> line rental and calling services for any reason will be a cancellation
> of this agreement for the provision of services and may invoke the
> payment of early termination charges by you
>

> Does this mean ALL your lines have to be with Telstra? If you have say
> five lines with Telstra and one with Telecom will they invoke this
> clause and deny you broadband service?
>
> I interpret it that you are required to buy these services from
> Telstra on some lines, but not all. You can obviously only get their
> service on lines that are connected to Telstra's network.
>
> If this clause is intended to give Telstra sole control of all your
> phone lines it would be an unacceptable strongarm tactic.
>

> Note that there is a similar paragraph in the residential terms and
> conditions. I expect this to have the same meaning / impact, i.e. "Our
> services are only available on lines that are connected to our
> network". There is no exclusivity requirement in either of these sets
> of terms.

Yep, and a better one is if you ask to them and their approved business
partners to stop spamming you they can terminate your contract....

Basically it is really dreconian....

So much for business knows best so let thme get on with it....more like
a facist state.

regards

Thing