Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Local Area Network Status Query

Local Area Network Status Query

Rastus

I'm connected to an ADSL router (for broadband internet) and on the
Status screen, in the area labled 'Activity' on the General Tab, it is
displaying 'Packets' as apposed to the amount of data. This is a new
setup I'm working on and my previous rig showed the amount of data
going in and out.

How do I change things so it displays the amount of traffic though the
LAN connection and not just the number of packets? Many thanks.

Cheers

EMB

Rastus wrote:
> I'm connected to an ADSL router (for broadband internet) and on the
> Status screen, in the area labled 'Activity' on the General Tab, it is
> displaying 'Packets' as apposed to the amount of data. This is a new
> setup I'm working on and my previous rig showed the amount of data
> going in and out.
>
> How do I change things so it displays the amount of traffic though the
> LAN connection and not just the number of packets? Many thanks.

Short answer, you don't.

Longer answer - google for traffic meter software and download somthing
to keep track of your traffic.

--
EMB

David

EMB wrote:
> Rastus wrote:
>
>> I'm connected to an ADSL router (for broadband internet) and on the
>> Status screen, in the area labled 'Activity' on the General Tab, it is
>> displaying 'Packets' as apposed to the amount of data. This is a new
>> setup I'm working on and my previous rig showed the amount of data
>> going in and out.
>>
>> How do I change things so it displays the amount of traffic though the
>> LAN connection and not just the number of packets? Many thanks.

> Short answer, you don't.
>
> Longer answer - google for traffic meter software and download somthing
> to keep track of your traffic.

Probably not what you are looking for, but this is handy:
http://4g.virtual.net.nz/tuc/

Dave Taylor

EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:dleau7$904$(E-Mail Removed):

> Longer answer - google for traffic meter software and download somthing
> to keep track of your traffic.

Netmeter:
http://readerror.gmxhome.de/

--