Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > XP Won't Recognize Wi-Fi Card

XP Won't Recognize Wi-Fi Card

=?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGhkNTYx?=

I have an HP Paviliion Notebook running XP and a Microsoft Notebook Adapter
MN-520 that XP won't recognize. DSL cable connection works fine. When I
disconnect the cable and try to get the card to work, nothing happens.
Suggestions?

Malke

Keithd561 wrote:

> I have an HP Paviliion Notebook running XP and a Microsoft Notebook
> Adapter
> MN-520 that XP won't recognize. DSL cable connection works fine.
> When I disconnect the cable and try to get the card to work, nothing
> happens. Suggestions?

Try the card in a different computer. Is the card seen at all by
Windows? If not, the card is broken. Replace it.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

=?Utf-8?B?dHJl?=

hi i am having the same problem. I have a sony vaio and I inserted the
linksys wireless card. I had it working and then all of a sudden it did not
recognize the card in the top slot. the bottom slot gives me errors in the
device manager. I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled. I have
removed the pcmia cards both of them. The system reinstalled them when I
rebooted. Am\ny help would be appreciated.

"Malke" wrote:

> Keithd561 wrote:
>
> > I have an HP Paviliion Notebook running XP and a Microsoft Notebook
> > Adapter
> > MN-520 that XP won't recognize. DSL cable connection works fine.
> > When I disconnect the cable and try to get the card to work, nothing
> > happens. Suggestions?

> Try the card in a different computer. Is the card seen at all by
> Windows? If not, the card is broken. Replace it.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"

arizona2

If the card is broken, would the "power" light on it be green? I dont
have another computer to check it to. There is no light above the word
wireless, so my guess is that my card is broken.

--
arizona2