Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > My BIX arrived today!

My BIX arrived today!

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

doubt hed need that much for pc cooling, but you never know with some of you people

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XhArD
doubt hed need that much for pc cooling, but you never know with some of you people
That's like a max rating with zero resistance for the water and no gravity to pull it down in an ideal situation Put it through loops and bends, up and down and add some restriction and it will need to rely on some good head pressure to get half that flow rate

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

haha i doubt ur going to get half then

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

To be honest I don't know what normal flow rates are, I think someone said about 3gpm for an average setup.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

well they are normally calculating using Litres a Minute/ ml a minute... i should u my big ass pump that my dad has in the Re used water tank... its something like 50L/Minute is powerful... but BIG

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

Bet it's noisey too

zachig zachig is offline
Senior Member

I would still go with a decent Switech 12V Pump. I don't like the Via Aqua Pumps!
Regarding making your own relay circuitry, it shouldn't be so difficult. I did this as well for my Eheim 1048 Pump, works like a charm!!!
Anyway, good luck!!!

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

Cheers mate, and yeh I already have the circuit design planned out, fairly basic stuff but I still want to be extra careful with 240 volts
Going with a swiftech will cost me a LOT and I can't build a budget setup with a pump like that. It would cost over half the setup

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

how are u building ur relay?
u could use an INVERTOR!!! ... invert the 12 volt to 240volts and presto!
or just hook up a switch... or connect it up with the Power button

RObErT_RaTh RObErT_RaTh is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia Mate!

I could go into details but I'm tired. The low down is that the 12V from my psu will trigger a relay when the comp is turned on thus giving power to the pump. I also plan to put in safety systems where I cannot start the comp unless the pump is plugged into the wall and also trigger a shutdown if power to the pump is lost whilst running. When I get the finally schematic sorted out I will post the design but for starters I will just plug it into the powerpoint