Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > goggle earth alternatives.

goggle earth alternatives.

David

cowboyz wrote:
> Robin Halligan wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:10:38 +1300, cowboyz wrote:
>>
>>Hi Cowboyz i had a play with world wind (over a dial up account no
>>less) and found something that will help
>>Go to
>> http://www.worldwindcentral.com/wiki/User:Nosilleg
>> and get OneEarth it is a xml script tha will download better maps
>> (if you like i can email you the script as its not huge but it is
>>interestng reading and the guy is from NZ so i guess he wanted better
>>pics.
>>

> good try but doesnt seem to be much better. Maybe we should invite a few
> terriosts here and we might get better satelite photos taken.

you can install an addon from worldwindcentral.com which gives you
access to aerial photography, black and white for some parts, but colour
in others. I could see my house clearly, but the 5 year old shed wasn't
there (old photograph)