Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > new Telstraclear plans out ... ouch

new Telstraclear plans out ... ouch

Mark Robinson

-=rjh=-

Mark Robinson wrote:
> http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/produc...packages_2.cfm

Oh, great! The plans details are pdf. I hate that.

Mark Robinson

-=rjh=- wrote:
> Mark Robinson wrote:
>
>> http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/produc...packages_2.cfm

> Oh, great! The plans details are pdf. I hate that.

Yeah, in another masterpiece of marketing they make their site so it takes
piles of drilling down to find a pdf just to find the prices ... they betray
their own shame.

Allistar

Mark Robinson wrote:

> http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/produc...packages_2.cfm

How can they call it broadband when it's only 128kbps up? Ridiculous.

I can download a 100Mb file in under 10 minutes, yet to upload the same file
takes over 2.5 hours.

Allistar.

news.xtra.co.nz

"Mark Robinson" <(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net...
> http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/produc...packages_2.cfm

On the phone and highspeed 10gig plan, they are offering 2mbps upstream? I
thought telecom banned this, so how can they offer this?

Pretty damn expensive really.

Mark Robinson

news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
> "Mark Robinson" <(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net...
>
>>http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/produc...packages_2.cfm

> On the phone and highspeed 10gig plan, they are offering 2mbps upstream? I
> thought telecom banned this, so how can they offer this?
>
> Pretty damn expensive really.

Could well be on their cable network rather than adsl, and yes pretty damned
expensive.

Bruce Knox

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 22:28:21 +1300, "news.xtra.co.nz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Mark Robinson" <(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net...
>> http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/produc...packages_2.cfm

>On the phone and highspeed 10gig plan, they are offering 2mbps upstream? I
>thought telecom banned this, so how can they offer this?
>
>Pretty damn expensive really.

They are all cable plans. ADSL is here
http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/produc...highspeedADSL/

No changes there yet. They are saying it will probably be next year
before they are ready to anounce the new plans now the commission has
(probably) beaten some changes out of telecom.
Bruce http://www.baggins.co.nz
http://physio.otago.ac.nz

steve

news.xtra.co.nz wrote:

> On the phone and highspeed 10gig plan, they are offering 2mbps upstream?*
> I thought telecom banned this, so how can they offer this?

cable modems, I think. NOT ADSL.

shannon

news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
> "Mark Robinson" <(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net...
>> http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/produc...packages_2.cfm

> On the phone and highspeed 10gig plan, they are offering 2mbps upstream? I
> thought telecom banned this, so how can they offer this?
>
> Pretty damn expensive really.

Its a cable modem connection

Peter Huebner

In article <(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)2tod.net says...
> http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/produc...packages_2.cfm

Out of curiosity I did to take a gander at the phone rental + *dsl
offerings. I wish I could get my phone rental plus a 2 Mbit/10 Gb plan
for 62 bucks a month. Just now I am paying Telescum 42.09 bucks a month
for my phone and Iconz 54.95 for a 1Mbit/10Gb plan. Plus I am paying
individual.net for news access

Doesn't look so bad. I expect they only offer that on their own cable,
though?!?
Besides, aren't they the ISP from hell, or was that orcon or worldnet?

-P.