Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > DSE DVD HD recorder..

DSE DVD HD recorder..

XP

What is the verdict on this thing

DSE 120GB Hard Disk Drive DVD Recorder

$700

The Problem is I have 4 VCR's connected to record 4 channels when I go out..

One is even a Sony Beta..

J Brockley

Given that you can get a EH50 for $800ish it doesn't seem that competitive.

"XP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> What is the verdict on this thing
>

> DSE 120GB Hard Disk Drive DVD Recorder
>

> $700
>

> The Problem is I have 4 VCR's connected to record 4 channels when I go
> out..
>
> One is even a Sony Beta..

GraB

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 18:44:21 +1300, XP
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What is the verdict on this thing
>

>DSE 120GB Hard Disk Drive DVD Recorder
>

>$700
>

>The Problem is I have 4 VCR's connected to record 4 channels when I go out..
>
>One is even a Sony Beta..

Is there that much on TV worth recording?

XP

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 20:06:14 +1300, "J Brockley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Given that you can get a EH50 for $800ish it doesn't seem that competitive.

But that one does not have a 120gig HD..

>"XP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> What is the verdict on this thing
>>

>> DSE 120GB Hard Disk Drive DVD Recorder
>>

>> $700
>>

>> The Problem is I have 4 VCR's connected to record 4 channels when I go
>> out..
>>
>> One is even a Sony Beta..

Dibley Fanshaw

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there that much on TV worth recording?

Not until you go to Sky, then you are stuffed trying to select the right
channel at the appropriate time. The Sky recorder looks more promising,
aside from the price.

--
Dibley

steve

XP wrote:

> The Problem is I have 4 VCR's connected to record 4 channels when I go
> out..
>
> One is even a Sony Beta..

You watch FAR too much TV if you watch what you record.

XP

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:25:05 +1300, Dibley Fanshaw <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Is there that much on TV worth recording?

>Not until you go to Sky, then you are stuffed trying to select the right
>channel at the appropriate time. The Sky recorder looks more promising,
>aside from the price.

Can you Record 4 channels at the same time...?

The Sky recorder is Crap no cue and review

E. Scrooge

"XP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> What is the verdict on this thing
>

> DSE 120GB Hard Disk Drive DVD Recorder
>

> $700
>

> The Problem is I have 4 VCR's connected to record 4 channels when I go
> out..
>
> One is even a Sony Beta..

LOL

Problem is how do you find the time to watch the rubbish that 4 VCRs have
recorded?

Just buy 4 DVD recorders and your problem is solved. You might even get
some discount.

I bet Dick Smith have it down to $500 in the Christmas / New Year sales.

E. Scrooge

E. Scrooge

"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 18:44:21 +1300, XP
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>What is the verdict on this thing
>>

>>DSE 120GB Hard Disk Drive DVD Recorder
>>

>>$700
>>

>>The Problem is I have 4 VCR's connected to record 4 channels when I go
>>out..
>>
>>One is even a Sony Beta..
>>

> Is there that much on TV worth recording?

Hell yes. You can't deprive Roger of all the Informercials that he's able
to record each night.

E. Scrooge

E. Scrooge

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> XP wrote:
>
>> The Problem is I have 4 VCR's connected to record 4 channels when I go
>> out..
>>
>> One is even a Sony Beta..

> You watch FAR too much TV if you watch what you record.

If he's actually watching it all, then who the Hell has he got in here
posting all the time?
His PC must be on auto-pilot.

E. Scrooge