Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Seems WinMX is dead now

Seems WinMX is dead now

GraB

I could connect with that recently after a little patch but it won't
connect now and on the www.winmx.com website it says: The WinMX
software is no longer available. Pity.

The Other Guy

GraB wrote:
> I could connect with that recently after a little patch but it won't
> connect now and on the www.winmx.com website it says: The WinMX
> software is no longer available. Pity.

I liked WinMX, it didn't force me to share, which I think is important.

I do use Bittorrent for legal downloads however, and it works fine...
over night when Orcon can deliver real 'Internet' access and not the
HTTP/mail solution they offer the rest of the day.

The Other Guy

Mark Remfrey

"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I could connect with that recently after a little patch but it won't
> connect now and on the www.winmx.com website it says: The WinMX
> software is no longer available. Pity.

Still working here.....

--

Regards,
Mark Remfrey

"Two wrongs don't make a right.... it usually takes three or more!"

GraB

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 17:49:02 +1300, "Mark Remfrey"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I could connect with that recently after a little patch but it won't
>> connect now and on the www.winmx.com website it says: The WinMX
>> software is no longer available. Pity.

>Still working here.....

Tried again. Still won't connect.

Mike_P

"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 17:49:02 +1300, "Mark Remfrey"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>>I could connect with that recently after a little patch but it won't
>>> connect now and on the www.winmx.com website it says: The WinMX
>>> software is no longer available. Pity.

>>Still working here.....

> Tried again. Still won't connect.

Hmm... working OK here too !

Mike_P

NBAR & WINMX Matt Cisco 2 05-13-2004 02:51 PM
Try WinMx Cheswick Computer Support 6 01-24-2004 11:38 PM
Shutdown in the middle of a WinMX download Sue Computer Support 3 11-13-2003 12:39 AM
WinMX downloading prob baglady Computer Support 1 09-03-2003 08:57 AM
WinMX go slow slumpy Computer Support 4 07-20-2003 12:25 AM

Advertisments