Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Guardian filters on Doug Mentohl

Guardian filters on Doug Mentohl

Daeron

You won't believe it, but the Guardian blog has a filter on 'Doug
Mentohl`. As a test, I posted as 'Bobby Garrick` on thread 'Sony's
decloaking patch and the CD phoning home` and the msg appeared
immediatly. Following on from this I posted to 'Microsoft death
warrants` as 'doug.mentohl` and got the following msg.

'Your comment has been received. To protect against malicious comments,
I have enabled a feature that allows your comments to be held for
approval the first time you post a comment. I'll approve your comment
when convenient; there is no need to re-post your comment'

I was curious as to why Schofield started to post in COLA. After all we
could engage on the Guardian blog. At least for the amount of time he
would let my post stay up.

I was also curious as to the extremist and vitriolic language coming
out of Schofield lately. Now we know the answer. Knowing he's safe he
can now safely troll Usenet without any fear of retaliation. Very brave
there Jack. Not really - just pathetic.

Would the admin of the Guardian technology blog now please publish this
filter so as we can all know just who exactly is not allowed to post.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technolo...ning_home.html

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technolo..._warrants.html

Mark Robinson

Daeron wrote:
> You won't believe it, but the Guardian blog has a filter on 'Doug
> Mentohl`. As a test, I posted as 'Bobby Garrick` on thread 'Sony's
> decloaking patch and the CD phoning home` and the msg appeared
> immediatly. Following on from this I posted to 'Microsoft death
> warrants` as 'doug.mentohl` and got the following msg.

<way off topic snip>

Mate, this has absolutely nothing to do with nz.comp or from what I can see any
of the other groups you have posted it to.

Aside from trhat you are assuming they are filtering on your name (which I am
sure some people could understand), while the filtering could easily be because
you posted two comments from the same computer using different names, or simply
that you posted two comments in a short space of time.

Remaining on the topic of The Guardian have you seen
http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/st...598960,00.html

jack.schofield@gmail.com

Daeron/Doug Mentohl wrote:
> You won't believe it, but the Guardian blog has a filter on 'Doug
> Mentohl`.

I'm sure you are deranged enough to believe that, Daeron, but to the
best of my knowledge, it's not true.

Now why don't you stop cross-posting your delusions to innocent
newsgroups read by people who have lives?

You could even get a life yourself, unlikely as that sounds....

Jack

Daeron wrote:
> You won't believe it, but the Guardian blog has a filter on 'Doug
> Mentohl`. As a test, I posted as 'Bobby Garrick` on thread 'Sony's
> decloaking patch and the CD phoning home` and the msg appeared
> immediatly. Following on from this I posted to 'Microsoft death
> warrants` as 'doug.mentohl` and got the following msg.
>
> 'Your comment has been received. To protect against malicious comments,
> I have enabled a feature that allows your comments to be held for
> approval the first time you post a comment. I'll approve your comment
> when convenient; there is no need to re-post your comment'
>
> I was curious as to why Schofield started to post in COLA. After all we
> could engage on the Guardian blog. At least for the amount of time he
> would let my post stay up.
>
> I was also curious as to the extremist and vitriolic language coming
> out of Schofield lately. Now we know the answer. Knowing he's safe he
> can now safely troll Usenet without any fear of retaliation. Very brave
> there Jack. Not really - just pathetic.
>
> Would the admin of the Guardian technology blog now please publish this
> filter so as we can all know just who exactly is not allowed to post.
>
> http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technolo...ning_home.html
>
> http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technolo..._warrants.html

Re: Doug's DVD List Doug MacLean DVD Video 13 05-29-2007 04:49 AM
Doug's DVD List MassiveProng DVD Video 3 04-03-2007 09:47 AM
doug gordon workshop dvds ? IRISH GENE Digital Photography 0 04-28-2005 06:50 PM
Doug Whittier ~ Visit to Carlsbad Caverns cdcochran Digital Photography 0 07-31-2004 07:16 AM

Advertisments