Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > It's official - Micro$oft chooses to use Linux for it's superior "scalability, performance and security".

It's official - Micro$oft chooses to use Linux for it's superior "scalability, performance and security".

Bling Bling

It's official!

http://www.computerworld.com.au/inde...6;fp;16;fpid;0

Micro$oft has chosen a Linux based wlan appliance for "the scalability,
performance and security that our environment demands,"

This is in stark contrast with Micro$oft's get-the-FUD campaign.

Bling Bling

--
Joe Barr: "So the question is not 'Is Microsoft lying?' It's deeper than
that. The real question is, 'Is Microsoft capable of honesty?' And if you

Mike Dee

Bling Bling <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed) :

> It's official!
>
> http://www.computerworld.com.au/inde...6;fp;16;fpid;0

That's odd. The Windrones are choosing to remain quiet about this
revelation...

--
dee

Impossible

"Mike Dee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Bling Bling <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> It's official!
>>
>> http://www.computerworld.com.au/inde...6;fp;16;fpid;0

> That's odd. The Windrones are choosing to remain quiet about this
> revelation...

If I were to guess, I'd say it's because no one cares.

The OSS component of the wireless controllers that Microsoft bought
consists of a small boot-loader. That's it. The rest of the embedded
software is proprietary, just like the system Microsoft replaced.

Why on earth would that be a "revelation"?

whoisthis

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Impossible" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Mike Dee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Bling Bling <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > news(E-Mail Removed) :
> >
> >> It's official!
> >>
> >> http://www.computerworld.com.au/inde...6;fp;16;fpid;0

> > That's odd. The Windrones are choosing to remain quiet about this
> > revelation...
> >

> If I were to guess, I'd say it's because no one cares.
>
> The OSS component of the wireless controllers that Microsoft bought
> consists of a small boot-loader. That's it. The rest of the embedded
> software is proprietary, just like the system Microsoft replaced.
>
> Why on earth would that be a "revelation"?

Because linux users a desperate for anything. Too many linux users are
less pro linux and more anti-microsoft which is why they latch onto the
irrelevant and try and make out it means the world.

Personally, I chose neither, I went Macintosh because for ME it was the
best choice, Read what you will into it.

Mark

Good call, if Linux does it for you, good on you! If you want to use
Microsoft then good for you too.

Personally, I use Linux AND Microsoft. The best tool for the job at the
time..

Cheers
Mark

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 18:21:34 +1300, whoisthis wrote:

> Personally, I chose neither, I went Macintosh because for ME it was the
> best choice, Read what you will into it.

LOL - FreeBSD Unix (the substance behind the pretty Mac GUI) is indeed a
very good choice.

Bling Bling

--
"Open Source. It's the difference between trust and antitrust."

whoisthis

In article <436c5f42$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Good call, if Linux does it for you, good on you! If you want to use
> Microsoft then good for you too.
>
> Personally, I use Linux AND Microsoft. The best tool for the job at the
> time..
>
> Cheers
> Mark

I have to use Wintel at work for doing PCB design (protel), but I tend
to do everything else on the Mac at work and at home.