Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Junk mail from Dell

Junk mail from Dell

Julian Visch

Anyone else getting this in the postal mail which says "to stop these mail
just email the code listed to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)" and state that it
may take 4-6 weeks for you are properly taken off. This is a computer
company and they can't even process simple email on their computers as
automatic tasks. Well anyway emailed them (was addressed to previous
tenant), waited 2 months, still got junk mail, annoyed rang them up to
complain and was assured that I was now taken off, following week again got
another circular in the mail, rang again, still no effect, rang very angry
making sure they understood my displeasure, still no effect.
Emailed them several times, no response.
Anyone found a way to get through to them that one doesn't want their junk
mail? My neighbour would like to know too as he too get similar mail also
directed to someone who hasn't lived there in over 2 years!

My only comfort is that their website is so badly designed that people will
get feed up (was trying to find their complaints department) and try
ringing and get someone whose english is terrible (again trying to find
complaints department) that they will shop elsewhere.

Philip

Julian Visch wrote:
> Anyone else getting this in the postal mail which says "to stop these mail
> just email the code listed to (E-Mail Removed)" and state that it
> may take 4-6 weeks for you are properly taken off. This is a computer
> company and they can't even process simple email on their computers as
> automatic tasks. Well anyway emailed them (was addressed to previous
> tenant), waited 2 months, still got junk mail, annoyed rang them up to
> complain and was assured that I was now taken off, following week again got
> another circular in the mail, rang again, still no effect, rang very angry
> making sure they understood my displeasure, still no effect.
> Emailed them several times, no response.
> Anyone found a way to get through to them that one doesn't want their junk
> mail? My neighbour would like to know too as he too get similar mail also
> directed to someone who hasn't lived there in over 2 years!
>
> My only comfort is that their website is so badly designed that people will
> get feed up (was trying to find their complaints department) and try
> ringing and get someone whose english is terrible (again trying to find
> complaints department) that they will shop elsewhere.

You could reply notifying them of your change of address, and show your
new address as their office building...

Philip

Julian Visch

Philip wrote:

> Julian Visch wrote:

> You could reply notifying them of your change of address, and show your
> new address as their office building...

Good idea, maybe then they will be more helpful.

How do I block junk mail from my out look mail? enoch williams Computer Support 2 12-08-2003 04:17 AM
Junk Mail Question Dale Firefox 1 09-03-2003 05:44 PM
Question on Mozilla junk mail controls Axl Firefox 4 09-02-2003 10:27 AM
Can you NOT be alerted of new junk mail? Axl Firefox 3 08-30-2003 09:39 PM
Problem with junk mail controls... Leif K-Brooks Firefox 0 07-22-2003 03:55 PM

Advertisments