Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Slim Apple-type keyboard on PC?

Slim Apple-type keyboard on PC?

GraB

One thing I envy about Apple computers are their very compact and
attractive keyboards. I would like to economise on desktop space and
get a compact no-frills keyboard like the ones that come with Apples
but there doesn't seem to be anything like that around for PCs.

At the moment having had a look at a few websites, Paradigm have quite
a nice compact no-frills Gigabyte keyboard which has the full-size
reverse L-shaped ENTER key I like but has a whole lot of extra
markings on the keys. I bought a nice Belkin (IIRC) keyboard a while
ago for another PC, similar in appearance to the DSE keyboards, but
nicer feel, but I can't find one of those now.

shannon

GraB wrote:
> One thing I envy about Apple computers are their very compact and
> attractive keyboards. I would like to economise on desktop space and
> get a compact no-frills keyboard like the ones that come with Apples
> but there doesn't seem to be anything like that around for PCs.
>
> At the moment having had a look at a few websites, Paradigm have quite
> a nice compact no-frills Gigabyte keyboard which has the full-size
> reverse L-shaped ENTER key I like but has a whole lot of extra
> markings on the keys. I bought a nice Belkin (IIRC) keyboard a while
> ago for another PC, similar in appearance to the DSE keyboards, but
> nicer feel, but I can't find one of those now.

The Genius KB19e NB keyboard is available at quite a few places.
http://www.geniusnet.com.tw/product/....asp?pdtno=382

Robert Cooze

GraB wrote:
> One thing I envy about Apple computers are their very compact and
> attractive keyboards. I would like to economise on desktop space and
> get a compact no-frills keyboard like the ones that come with Apples
> but there doesn't seem to be anything like that around for PCs.
>
> At the moment having had a look at a few websites, Paradigm have quite
> a nice compact no-frills Gigabyte keyboard which has the full-size
> reverse L-shaped ENTER key I like but has a whole lot of extra
> markings on the keys. I bought a nice Belkin (IIRC) keyboard a while
> ago for another PC, similar in appearance to the DSE keyboards, but
> nicer feel, but I can't find one of those now.

I have seen a some time ago a short thin laptop style no neurmeric
keypad on the side at pbteck in hamilton and there was a full sise one
as well.
I saw In Warehouse Stationary a Keybord (laptop style usb with usb hub)
looked very slim and cool. about $45.ish.

Rob J

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> One thing I envy about Apple computers are their very compact and
> attractive keyboards. I would like to economise on desktop space and
> get a compact no-frills keyboard like the ones that come with Apples
> but there doesn't seem to be anything like that around for PCs.
>
> At the moment having had a look at a few websites, Paradigm have quite
> a nice compact no-frills Gigabyte keyboard which has the full-size
> reverse L-shaped ENTER key I like but has a whole lot of extra
> markings on the keys.

It will be like a laptop keyboard, able to be switched into a numeric
keypad mode.

Bruce Hoult

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> One thing I envy about Apple computers are their very compact and
> attractive keyboards. I would like to economise on desktop space and
> get a compact no-frills keyboard like the ones that come with Apples
> but there doesn't seem to be anything like that around for PCs.

Apple keyboards since 1998 have been USB and work fine on PCs (and vice
versa)

--
Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-

EMB

http://www.qmb.co.nz/p.aspx?102542

--
EMB

EMB

EMB wrote:
> Bruce Hoult wrote:
>
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>> One thing I envy about Apple computers are their very compact and
>>> attractive keyboards. I would like to economise on desktop space and
>>> get a compact no-frills keyboard like the ones that come with Apples
>>> but there doesn't seem to be anything like that around for PCs.

>> Apple keyboards since 1998 have been USB and work fine on PCs (and
>> vice versa)
>>

> http://www.qmb.co.nz/p.aspx?102542

or
http://www.qmb.co.nz/p.aspx?103874

--
EMB

thingy

GraB wrote:
> One thing I envy about Apple computers are their very compact and
> attractive keyboards. I would like to economise on desktop space and
> get a compact no-frills keyboard like the ones that come with Apples
> but there doesn't seem to be anything like that around for PCs.
>
> At the moment having had a look at a few websites, Paradigm have quite
> a nice compact no-frills Gigabyte keyboard which has the full-size
> reverse L-shaped ENTER key I like but has a whole lot of extra
> markings on the keys. I bought a nice Belkin (IIRC) keyboard a while
> ago for another PC, similar in appearance to the DSE keyboards, but
> nicer feel, but I can't find one of those now.

I use Apple USB keyboards on Dell's, but that is Linux which seems to
have no issues using a Apple keyboard.........

regards

Thing

James West

http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/webapp/...05-10198-10658

also available as a KB only

"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> One thing I envy about Apple computers are their very compact and
> attractive keyboards. I would like to economise on desktop space and
> get a compact no-frills keyboard like the ones that come with Apples
> but there doesn't seem to be anything like that around for PCs.
>
> At the moment having had a look at a few websites, Paradigm have quite
> a nice compact no-frills Gigabyte keyboard which has the full-size
> reverse L-shaped ENTER key I like but has a whole lot of extra
> markings on the keys. I bought a nice Belkin (IIRC) keyboard a while
> ago for another PC, similar in appearance to the DSE keyboards, but
> nicer feel, but I can't find one of those now.

GraB

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 22:15:19 +1300, "James West" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/webapp/...05-10198-10658
>

>also available as a KB only

That is a MS keyboard and not very compact.

>"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> One thing I envy about Apple computers are their very compact and
>> attractive keyboards. I would like to economise on desktop space and
>> get a compact no-frills keyboard like the ones that come with Apples
>> but there doesn't seem to be anything like that around for PCs.
>>
>> At the moment having had a look at a few websites, Paradigm have quite
>> a nice compact no-frills Gigabyte keyboard which has the full-size
>> reverse L-shaped ENTER key I like but has a whole lot of extra
>> markings on the keys. I bought a nice Belkin (IIRC) keyboard a while
>> ago for another PC, similar in appearance to the DSE keyboards, but
>> nicer feel, but I can't find one of those now.

I went into Magnum in Dunedin today and they confirmed their very
compact keyboards are PC compatible. Their price was about $58.50 or
$119 for the wireless one and the bluetooth USB adapter was $68. I
will probably settle for the standard USB keyboard.