Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Price drop by Xtra

Price drop by Xtra

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> , Peter Huebner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>In article <1b0fy3ah0zwj2$.qzotoeyqo9kw$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>>
>> So is there now a better/faster service available at the $69.95 rate?

>I am paying Iconz 55 dollars for 1Mbit/10Gbyte. Pretty reasonable I
>thought compared to xtra's plans and prices as of 3 months ago when I
>made the decision to go adsl because Bordernet just didn't work well at
>all. I'm happy, I've a slightly faster connection with 5 times the data
>cap and pay 5 bucks less than before
>I would've gone to Actrix but I didn't like that 'you have to have your
>tolls with us' bit. My experience of having tolls with ihug was that the
>audio quality of the toll calls mysteriously improved quite a bit when I
>went back to Telescum.

Actrix tolls are not distinguishable from telescum to me. Note that this is
a dial up connection and 'separate' tolls ... no idea if broadband would be
better/worse.

Bruce

(if there were any)

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Craig Shore <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 08:41:54 +1300, "news.xtra.co.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>>We still use the same eft-pos system for example. Where are smart cards?
>>Where is high speed internet? Where is enhanced online banking?

>Nothing wrong with eftpos. It's probably a hell of a lot safer and more secure
>than a smart card system. Whatever smart card system they came up with, i'm
>sure someone would figure out how to hack the cards and get themselves free
>money.

Agreed. I read the list of 'upgrades' above and saw nothing I wanted

Bruce

(if there were any)

shannon

news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
> "Bruce Sinclair" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote
> in message news:N_S9f.181$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Craig Shore
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 08:41:54 +1300, "news.xtra.co.nz"
>>><(E-Mail Removed)>

>>>Nothing wrong with eftpos. It's probably a hell of a lot safer and more
>>>secure
>>>than a smart card system. Whatever smart card system they came up with,
>>>i'm
>>>sure someone would figure out how to hack the cards and get themselves
>>>free
>>>money.

>>Agreed. I read the list of 'upgrades' above and saw nothing I wanted
>>

> Thats because you are most unimaginative. Perhaps you enjoy waiting the
> minute or so each time you need to buy something.
>
> Perhaps you're the type of person who'd think the internet was a terrible
> idea before it was invented.

Is that you Harry ?

Andrew

PC wrote:
> Just got an email from Xtra (dated Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:46:15)
>
> <quote>
> You currently pay $69.95 per month, but from your next Telecom bill, you'll
> only pay $59.95 per month and still enjoy your 10GB high-speed allowance
> every month. Nothing else will change and you don't have to do anything to
> get this new reduced price.
> </quote>
>
> Don't know what changes there are to their other plans though.
>
> Nice early Xmas pressy.
>
> Paul.

yay
thats awesome

MarkH

Craig Shore <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 08:41:54 +1300, "news.xtra.co.nz"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>We still use the same eft-pos system for example. Where are smart
>>cards? Where is high speed internet? Where is enhanced online banking?

> Nothing wrong with eftpos. It's probably a hell of a lot safer and
> more secure than a smart card system. Whatever smart card system they
> came up with, i'm sure someone would figure out how to hack the cards
> and get themselves free money.

I wonder if this is what people said about EFT-POS before it was
introduced?

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
Maskerade

MarkH

steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> PC wrote:
>
>> Don't know what changes there are to their other plans though.
>>
>> Nice early Xmas pressy.
>>
>> Paul.

> Puts you in line with orcon's 1GB + 10GB price band.

Actually - no it doesn't. Orcon charges $39.95 for 2mb/1GB and 11GB would
cost $49.95. For $59.95 you can get 21GB from Orcon.

From Xtra's website:
*This price is for customers who have a Telecom home line and all their
direct dial calling with Telecom. Plan price is an additional $10 for
customers who do not have all their direct dial calling with Telecom.

So the equivalent from Orcon is the 2mb plan with Orcon tolls.

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
Maskerade

news.xtra.co.nz

"shannon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
>> "Bruce Sinclair" <(E-Mail Removed) >
>> wrote in message news:N_S9f.181$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>Agreed. I read the list of 'upgrades' above and saw nothing I wanted
>>>

>> Thats because you are most unimaginative. Perhaps you enjoy waiting the
>> minute or so each time you need to buy something.
>>
>> Perhaps you're the type of person who'd think the internet was a terrible
>> idea before it was invented.
>>

> Is that you Harry ?

nope.
whose harry?

Mark Robinson

Craig Shore wrote:
> Nothing wrong with eftpos. It's probably a hell of a lot safer and more secure
> than a smart card system. Whatever smart card system they came up with, i'm
> sure someone would figure out how to hack the cards and get themselves free
> money.

Eftpos ? Secure ? There's a tui billboard waiting to happen.

shannon

news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
> "shannon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>news.xtra.co.nz wrote:

>>>Thats because you are most unimaginative. Perhaps you enjoy waiting the
>>>minute or so each time you need to buy something.
>>>
>>>Perhaps you're the type of person who'd think the internet was a terrible
>>>idea before it was invented.
>>>

>>Is that you Harry ?

> nope.
> whose harry?

Another poster with the same tendency to get abusive when someone
disagreed with his point of view.

news.xtra.co.nz

"Bruce Sinclair" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote
in message news:JPbaf.407$(E-Mail Removed)...