Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Aargh....

Aargh....

steve

Downloaded a file via gtk-gnutella p2p client.

Then - accidentally deleted the file.

Now it won't let me download it again.

It just says "Ignoring Requested (SHA1)"...and removes the download from the
queue.

Bugger.

Anyone know how to clear the 'memory' so it will forget I have already
downloaded it and let me do it again?

I have stopped and started gtk-gnutella.

Didn't help.

steve

steve wrote:

> Anyone know how to clear the 'memory' so it will forget I have already
> downloaded it and let me do it again?
>
> I have stopped and started gtk-gnutella.
>
> Didn't help.

Worked it out.

Back on track.

You have to edit a couple of text files in /home/.gtk-gnutella while
gtk-gnutella isn't running...and delete the lines referring to the file you
had downloaded.

Not Dave

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 16:57:24 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)>
growled these words from under a rock:

>Downloaded a file via gtk-gnutella p2p client.
>
>Then - accidentally deleted the file.
>
>Now it won't let me download it again.
>
>It just says "Ignoring Requested (SHA1)"...and removes the download from the
>queue.
>
>Bugger.
>
>Anyone know how to clear the 'memory' so it will forget I have already
>downloaded it and let me do it again?
>
>I have stopped and started gtk-gnutella.
>
>Didn't help.

Easiest way would be to install Windows, then use a Windows client.

The future is Windows.

Sound familiar?

steve

Not Dave wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 16:57:24 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)>
> growled these words from under a rock:
>
>>Downloaded a file via gtk-gnutella p2p client.
>>
>>Then - accidentally deleted the file.
>>
>>Now it won't let me download it again.
>>
>>It just says "Ignoring Requested (SHA1)"...and removes the download from
>>the queue.
>>
>>Bugger.
>>
>>Anyone know how to clear the 'memory' so it will forget I have already
>>downloaded it and let me do it again?
>>
>>I have stopped and started gtk-gnutella.
>>
>>Didn't help.

> Easiest way would be to install Windows, then use a Windows client.
>
> The future is Windows.
>
> Sound familiar?

No.

Bad advice, too.

Geoff M

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 16:57:24 +1300, steve wrote:

> Downloaded a file via gtk-gnutella p2p client.
>
> Then - accidentally deleted the file.
>
> Now it won't let me download it again.
>
> It just says "Ignoring Requested (SHA1)"...and removes the download from the
> queue.
>
> Bugger.
>
> Anyone know how to clear the 'memory' so it will forget I have already
> downloaded it and let me do it again?
>
> I have stopped and started gtk-gnutella.
>
> Didn't help.

Don't know, never had this problem with my Windows client (Shareaza )

Geoff
Ducks for cover...

steve

Geoff M wrote:

> Don't know, never had this problem with my Windows client (Shareaza )
>
> Geoff
> Ducks for cover...

No worries.

Not Dave

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:35:10 +1300, steve <(E-Mail Removed)>