Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Outlook Express - Font Change Problem

Outlook Express - Font Change Problem

Jeff

Hi

My 81 year old father-in-law has downloaded and installed Hotbar to his PC.
He now has a problem in that he is unable to change the font when he is
creating an email. He can go to the formatting toolbar and change the font
to, say, courier, but as soon as he starts to type, the font changes back to
the default, which is Arial. Running Win XP SP2 on a celeron 800.

I have uninstalled hotbar and run spybot to clean up the bits but still have
the problem.

I can use the other fonts in Word so it is not font file damage.

I have googled and found a reference on microsoft which has three options.
The Sp2 option is to reinstall SP2. That didnt work. The SP1 options were
registry changes to an 'isinstalled' key but they didnt work either.

Just trying to install IE6 gets the 'already installed' message.

I was unable to boot from the CD to do a repair install. I am currently
changing the CD to retest.

He is not interested in changing his email program.

Any ideas please.

TIA

Bruce Sinclair

In article <CSV8f.3590$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hi
>
>My 81 year old father-in-law has downloaded and installed Hotbar to his PC.
>He now has a problem in that he is unable to change the font when he is
>creating an email. He can go to the formatting toolbar and change the font
>to, say, courier, but as soon as he starts to type, the font changes back to
>the default, which is Arial. Running Win XP SP2 on a celeron 800.

What about control A, then changing the font ?
From what you say, the font change will be just in front of the typing ...
and no use ... or type a bit then change the font ... at least you'll be
able to see if it's working

Bruce

(if there were any)