Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Connecting an Apple to my wireless network

Connecting an Apple to my wireless network

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXMgcw==?=

Hi Everyone,

I have a wireless network at home that my 4 XP laptops use constantly.
Currently, it is not a secured wireless network. I want to secure it. From
reading the other posts, I think I can manage to secure it, however, how will
that affect my wife's Apple laptop which also needs to connect to the
wireless network. What settings do I need to make on the Apple (OS X) to
allow her computer access to the network as well as to be able to share
documents on her hard drive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Malke

chris s wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have a wireless network at home that my 4 XP laptops use constantly.
> Currently, it is not a secured wireless network. I want to secure it.
> From reading the other posts, I think I can manage to secure it,
> however, how will that affect my wife's Apple laptop which also needs
> to connect to the
> wireless network. What settings do I need to make on the Apple (OS X)
> to allow her computer access to the network as well as to be able to
> share documents on her hard drive?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It won't be any different with the Apple than with the Windows machines.
Whatever wireless management software she uses on the Apple will see
your wireless network and ask for the key to be entered. You'll enter
the key and the Apple will be online.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers