Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > HP M70 Monitor Cover - Blonde Moment

HP M70 Monitor Cover - Blonde Moment

Rider

I'm having a blonde moment (or day).

I've got an HP M70 monitor to look at. I've taken out the three screws for
the back cover, but do you think I can get the damned cover off? NNOOOOOOO

What am I missing in regards to this monitors cover?

Help appreciated.

Rider

EMB

Rider wrote:
> I'm having a blonde moment (or day).
>
> I've got an HP M70 monitor to look at. I've taken out the three screws for
> the back cover, but do you think I can get the damned cover off? NNOOOOOOO
>
> What am I missing in regards to this monitors cover?

Sledgehammer?

--
EMB

Rider

"EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:djp7jd$kad$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rider wrote:
>> I'm having a blonde moment (or day).
>>
>> I've got an HP M70 monitor to look at. I've taken out the three screws
>> for the back cover, but do you think I can get the damned cover off?
>> NNOOOOOOO
>>
>> What am I missing in regards to this monitors cover?

> Sledgehammer?

Very tempting seeing as it doesn't go (apparently). Client needs an
insurance assessment.

I think the insurance company requires more than "its broken"

Peter Huebner

In article <eMU7f.2804$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> I'm having a blonde moment (or day).
>
> I've got an HP M70 monitor to look at. I've taken out the three screws for
> the back cover, but do you think I can get the damned cover off? NNOOOOOOO
>
> What am I missing in regards to this monitors cover?
>
> Help appreciated.
>
> Rider

You probably need the $2753 HP monitor cover removal tool

Seriously though, try running your fingertips over any stick-on labels.
There are often additional screws hidden under there. Alternatively, see
if any of the input sockets have additional screws/nuts that stop the
cover from sliding off. (I've seen large flat nuts around rca and din
plugs do this). Last idea, try depressing either edge around the joint,
there might be little hidden plastic snapon hooks under there.

-P.

Steve Marshall

"Rider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm having a blonde moment (or day).
>
>I've got an HP M70 monitor to look at. I've taken out the three screws for
>the back cover, but do you think I can get the damned cover off? NNOOOOOOO
>
>What am I missing in regards to this monitors cover?

Internal clips. Slip a bone-handled dessert knife

http://www.cucinadirect.com/imageLib...eg230/3309.jpg

in along the crack between the back cover and the trest of the
monitor, and see if you can unclip anything. It'll be obvious what you
need to do when you get the cover off.

XP

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:28:55 +1300, Peter Huebner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <eMU7f.2804$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>> I'm having a blonde moment (or day).
>>
>> I've got an HP M70 monitor to look at. I've taken out the three screws for
>> the back cover, but do you think I can get the damned cover off? NNOOOOOOO
>>
>> What am I missing in regards to this monitors cover?
>>
>> Help appreciated.
>>
>> Rider

>You probably need the $2753 HP monitor cover removal tool
>
>Seriously though, try running your fingertips over any stick-on labels.
>There are often additional screws hidden under there. Alternatively, see
>if any of the input sockets have additional screws/nuts that stop the
>cover from sliding off. (I've seen large flat nuts around rca and din
>plugs do this). Last idea, try depressing either edge around the joint,
>there might be little hidden plastic snapon hooks under there.
>
>-P.

The case is covered with plastic locks, you have to know were to push on the
sides to around the front of the case.

HP do not have spared for there monitors..

Rider

"XP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:28:55 +1300, Peter Huebner <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>In article <eMU7f.2804$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>>> I'm having a blonde moment (or day).
>>>
>>> I've got an HP M70 monitor to look at. I've taken out the three screws
>>> for
>>> the back cover, but do you think I can get the damned cover off?
>>> NNOOOOOOO
>>>
>>> What am I missing in regards to this monitors cover?
>>>
>>> Help appreciated.
>>>
>>> Rider

>>You probably need the $2753 HP monitor cover removal tool
>>
>>Seriously though, try running your fingertips over any stick-on labels.
>>There are often additional screws hidden under there. Alternatively, see
>>if any of the input sockets have additional screws/nuts that stop the
>>cover from sliding off. (I've seen large flat nuts around rca and din
>>plugs do this). Last idea, try depressing either edge around the joint,
>>there might be little hidden plastic snapon hooks under there.
>>
>>-P.

> The case is covered with plastic locks, you have to know were to push on
> the
> sides to around the front of the case.
>
> HP do not have spared for there monitors..

I'm not looking to fix it ... not when a new Philips 17" is only $249. Plus
I wouldn't pay HP's exhorbatent prices for parts.

I might just accidently knock of the bench ... see if that works it loose.

EMB

Rider wrote:

> I'm not looking to fix it ... not when a new Philips 17" is only $249.

The news gets better - more like $175 - check pricespy.

--
EMB

Rider

"Rider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eMU7f.2804$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm having a blonde moment (or day).
>
> I've got an HP M70 monitor to look at. I've taken out the three screws for
> the back cover, but do you think I can get the damned cover off? NNOOOOOOO
>
> What am I missing in regards to this monitors cover?
>
> Help appreciated.
>
> Rider

The answer was "get another pair of arms to help" ... then I could push the
right places and not push it of the bench while trying.

Jerry

Rider wrote:
> "Rider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eMU7f.2804$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I'm having a blonde moment (or day).
>>
>>I've got an HP M70 monitor to look at. I've taken out the three screws for
>>the back cover, but do you think I can get the damned cover off? NNOOOOOOO
>>
>>What am I missing in regards to this monitors cover?
>>
>>Help appreciated.
>>
>>Rider
>>

> The answer was "get another pair of arms to help" ... then I could push the
> right places and not push it of the bench while trying.

well, if you've done that it solves your problem, doesn't it?