Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Compatible ink cartridges - quality?

Compatible ink cartridges - quality?

Canon Paora Tikitiki

I started using a recently purchased inkvenus colour cartridge today
after my genuine hp cartridge started running out of colour - at least
I guess that's what is happening - I was getting mauve streaks on my
naked male pictures.

Anyway the quality from the inkvenus cartridge is quite different from
the hp one. From a little distance the photo printing looks okay but
up close they look like they've been printed on cloth with fine lines
running horizontally and not so fine dots. The results from the hp
cartridge give me no lines and much finer dots.

Are compatible cartridges usually so different?

Rob J

In article <1130141914.ad8f5c3676bf41a851f045ecd331d990@teran ews>,

> I started using a recently purchased inkvenus colour cartridge today
> after my genuine hp cartridge started running out of colour - at least
> I guess that's what is happening - I was getting mauve streaks on my
> naked male pictures.
>
> Anyway the quality from the inkvenus cartridge is quite different from
> the hp one. From a little distance the photo printing looks okay but
> up close they look like they've been printed on cloth with fine lines
> running horizontally and not so fine dots. The results from the hp
> cartridge give me no lines and much finer dots.
>
> Are compatible cartridges usually so different?

You can't expect identical results since they won't know the ink
formulation which is a trade secret.

XP

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:17:39 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Canon Paora Tikitiki)
wrote:

>I started using a recently purchased inkvenus colour cartridge today
>after my genuine hp cartridge started running out of colour - at least
>I guess that's what is happening - I was getting mauve streaks on my
>naked male pictures.
>
>Anyway the quality from the inkvenus cartridge is quite different from
>the hp one. From a little distance the photo printing looks okay but
>up close they look like they've been printed on cloth with fine lines
>running horizontally and not so fine dots. The results from the hp
>cartridge give me no lines and much finer dots.
>
>Are compatible cartridges usually so different?

Yes get a better brand one, like the UK made Jet Tec with 30% more Ink.

http://www.jettec.co.uk/index.asp

Their use to be a NZ agent, but it looks a bit dead to me..

http://computerone.co.nz/

Or this firm www.inkpost.co.nz for other brands..

thingy

Canon Paora Tikitiki wrote:
> I started using a recently purchased inkvenus colour cartridge today
> after my genuine hp cartridge started running out of colour - at least
> I guess that's what is happening - I was getting mauve streaks on my
> naked male pictures.
>
> Anyway the quality from the inkvenus cartridge is quite different from
> the hp one. From a little distance the photo printing looks okay but
> up close they look like they've been printed on cloth with fine lines
> running horizontally and not so fine dots. The results from the hp
> cartridge give me no lines and much finer dots.
>
> Are compatible cartridges usually so different?

We had a epson c70 which was a very nice printer, switched to a
compatible black cartridge which

1) Used lots more ink as it kept having to be cleaned and when you
cleaned it was all 4 cartridges....

2) After a few weeks blocked the head ruining the printer....

So, personally I am very reluctant to purchase non-genuine again...

regards

Thing

Enkidu

Canon Paora Tikitiki wrote:
> I started using a recently purchased inkvenus colour cartridge today
> after my genuine hp cartridge started running out of colour - at least
> I guess that's what is happening - I was getting mauve streaks on my
> naked male pictures.

Are you absolutely sure that your naked males don't have
purple streaks on them?

http://www.magicdragon.com/Wallace/Brave1.html

Cheers,

Cliff

Ray Colvill

Clone cartridges killed two of my Epson printers.

Epson's hate clones---period.

One of their most prolific clone resellers did not want to
know of a potential claim on their warranty.

Sent it into a PC shop who confirmed the nozzles were
blocked,got it in writing, passed it on to the reseller.

Who came back with the excuse my 18 month old printer
was worn out.

Not there fault.

QUESTION---Has anybody won a clone damage claim.

"Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:435d3ff9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Canon Paora Tikitiki wrote:
>> I started using a recently purchased inkvenus colour cartridge today
>> after my genuine hp cartridge started running out of colour - at least
>> I guess that's what is happening - I was getting mauve streaks on my
>> naked male pictures.
>>

> Are you absolutely sure that your naked males don't have purple streaks on
> them?
>
> http://www.magicdragon.com/Wallace/Brave1.html
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff
>
> --
>
> Barzoomian the Martian - http://barzoomian.blogspot.com

XP

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:31:27 +1300, "Ray Colvill" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Clone cartridges killed two of my Epson printers.
>
>Epson's hate clones---period.
>
>One of their most prolific clone resellers did not want to
>know of a potential claim on their warranty.
>
>Sent it into a PC shop who confirmed the nozzles were
>blocked,got it in writing, passed it on to the reseller.
>
>Who came back with the excuse my 18 month old printer
>was worn out.
>
>Not there fault.
>
>QUESTION---Has anybody won a clone damage claim.

Just get the print head cleaned, I did it myself on me 740 Epson and that had
always used Epson Ink..

All Epson printers must be powered up ones a week and not used in a Hot
environment

Then only use Jet Tec ink Tanks.

>"Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:435d3ff9$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Canon Paora Tikitiki wrote:
>>> I started using a recently purchased inkvenus colour cartridge today
>>> after my genuine hp cartridge started running out of colour - at least
>>> I guess that's what is happening - I was getting mauve streaks on my
>>> naked male pictures.
>>>

>> Are you absolutely sure that your naked males don't have purple streaks on
>> them?
>>
>> http://www.magicdragon.com/Wallace/Brave1.html
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Cliff
>>
>> --
>>
>> Barzoomian the Martian - http://barzoomian.blogspot.com

Bling Bling

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:11:39 +1300, XP wrote:

> All Epson printers must be powered up ones a week and not used in a Hot
> environment
>

> Then only use Jet Tec ink Tanks.

Hmmm...

Are you suggesting, Woger, that the Epson's ink cartriges are not suitable
for Epson's printers?

Bling Bling

--
Pamela Jones: "Linux will continue to grow, and open formats and standards
will continue to be adopted in part because we don't trust Microsoft."

Nicolaas Hawkins

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:51:09 +1300, Bling Bling <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in <news(E-Mail Removed) d>:

> On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:11:39 +1300, XP wrote:
>
>> All Epson printers must be powered up ones a week and not used in a Hot
>> environment
>>
>> Then only use Jet Tec ink Tanks.

> Hmmm...
>
> Are you suggesting, Woger, that the Epson's ink cartriges are not suitable
> for Epson's printers?
>
> Bling Bling

HARRUMPH! You have the colossal audacity to question the pronouncements
of our resident goo-roo? Egad, Sir - it simply won't do, you might
frighten the horses and scare the goldfish! Then where would we be?!

--
Regards,
Nicolaas.

.... No one is listening to you - until you fart.

Bling Bling

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 20:35:25 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

>> Are you suggesting, Woger, that the Epson's ink cartriges are not suitable
>> for Epson's printers?
>>
>> Bling Bling

> HARRUMPH! You have the colossal audacity to question the pronouncements
> of our resident goo-roo? Egad, Sir - it simply won't do, you might
> frighten the horses and scare the goldfish! Then where would we be?!

LOL - Nice! )

Bling Bling

--
Joe Barr: "So the question is not 'Is Microsoft lying?' It's deeper than
that. The real question is, 'Is Microsoft capable of honesty?' And if you