Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Multisession DVD's limitations.

Multisession DVD's limitations.

XP

It seems there is a limitation on how big the Total session can be, the Limit
of the Total Sessions is 2 gigs..

The Docs that I have for Nero 6 states that Multisession with UDF format is
not support as of yet, may be its supported with Nero 7..

So if the first session is 2 gigs you can't add a second session and see it
with XP, but some tools like Isobuster can access the extra sessions..

I have been having this problem, but with some google searches ONE web site
that has the info..

You do need the UDF format to support files that are over 2 gigs, so may be
that is the problem with the ISO 9660 and Multisession.

It seems that DVD RW disks do not suffer from the Multisession problem..

Link

http://www.cheetahburner.com/dvd/faq.html

Andrew

XP wrote:

> It seems there is a limitation on how big the Total session can be, the Limit
> of the Total Sessions is 2 gigs..
>
> The Docs that I have for Nero 6 states that Multisession with UDF format is
> not support as of yet, may be its supported with Nero 7..
>
> So if the first session is 2 gigs you can't add a second session and see it
> with XP, but some tools like Isobuster can access the extra sessions..
>
> I have been having this problem, but with some google searches ONE web site
> that has the info..
>
> You do need the UDF format to support files that are over 2 gigs, so may be
> that is the problem with the ISO 9660 and Multisession.
>
> It seems that DVD RW disks do not suffer from the Multisession problem..
>
> Link
>

> http://www.cheetahburner.com/dvd/faq.html

Maybe its winxp limitations rather then dvd media limitations

GraB

>It seems that DVD RW disks do not suffer from the Multisession problem..

DVD+RW saved me from the Win98SE multisession problem.