Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > DVD writer startup-times

DVD writer startup-times

news.xtra.co.nz

One of the annoying things with DVD writers (for the pc) is the startup time
after loading the disc before you can actually do anything with it.

My NEC writer can take up to 30 seconds before you can actually do anything
with the disc.

I wonder, is there a website that lists the startup times for various dvd -
writers and media? The reviews I read only list the read/write speeds.

Rob

"news.xtra.co.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iDf6f.1847$(E-Mail Removed)...
> One of the annoying things with DVD writers (for the pc) is the startup

time
> after loading the disc before you can actually do anything with it.
>
> My NEC writer can take up to 30 seconds before you can actually do

anything
> with the disc.
>
> I wonder, is there a website that lists the startup times for various

dvd -
> writers and media? The reviews I read only list the read/write speeds.

I have an asus, and don't have that problem. Perhaps a 5 -10 sec wait at the
most.

XP

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 13:22:41 +1300, "news.xtra.co.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>One of the annoying things with DVD writers (for the pc) is the startup time
>after loading the disc before you can actually do anything with it.
>
>My NEC writer can take up to 30 seconds before you can actually do anything
>with the disc.
>
>I wonder, is there a website that lists the startup times for various dvd -
>writers and media? The reviews I read only list the read/write speeds.

Have you updated the Firmware..?