Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Just been spammed by fitnessgear.co.nz

Just been spammed by fitnessgear.co.nz

Who Am I

fitness gear... **** off

Waylon Kenning

T'was the Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:50:15 +1300 when I remembered Who Am I

>fitness gear... **** off

Man, if I posted a message in here every time I got spammed, you'd see
about 2000 messages from me in here a month.

It's bad enough having to deal with all these electronic newsletters I
signed up for once upon a time somewhere in my past!
--
Cheers,

Waylon Kenning.

William Hamilton

Waylon Kenning wrote:
> T'was the Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:50:15 +1300 when I remembered Who Am I
> <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:
>
>> fitness gear... **** off

> Man, if I posted a message in here every time I got spammed, you'd see
> about 2000 messages from me in here a month.
>
> It's bad enough having to deal with all these electronic newsletters I
> signed up for once upon a time somewhere in my past!
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Waylon Kenning.

Possibly a not so subtle spam news group ploy

news.xtra.co.nz

"Waylon Kenning" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> T'was the Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:50:15 +1300 when I remembered Who Am I
> <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:
>
>>fitness gear... **** off

> Man, if I posted a message in here every time I got spammed, you'd see
> about 2000 messages from me in here a month.
>
> It's bad enough having to deal with all these electronic newsletters I
> signed up for once upon a time somewhere in my past!
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Waylon Kenning.

but, this is an easily identifiable nz identity?

nick

I've been saying for years that fitness is bad for you...

Who Am I

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Waylon Kenning <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> T'was the Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:50:15 +1300 when I remembered Who Am I
> <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:
>
> >fitness gear... **** off

> Man, if I posted a message in here every time I got spammed, you'd see
> about 2000 messages from me in here a month.
>
> It's bad enough having to deal with all these electronic newsletters I
> signed up for once upon a time somewhere in my past!
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Waylon Kenning.

Well I am NOT complaining about all the overseas spam (hundereds a
day!), I am pointing out that New Zealand companies are now spamming too.

the latest is from brands4less.co.nz who are masquerading as
pricecutter.co.nz. All part of the service bought to you from the New
Zealand Post office, ahh the joys, we now get spammed by the NZ
government.

These spams have been sent out from kliksend.com

Matthew Poole

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:24:37 +1300, someone purporting to be Who Am I
didst scrawl:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Waylon Kenning <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

*SNIP*
> pricecutter.co.nz. All part of the service bought to you from the New
> Zealand Post office, ahh the joys, we now get spammed by the NZ
> government.

*SNIP*

You SURE that it's NZ Post doing it? I thought that at first, then
realised the domain I was looking at was "nzpostoffice.co.nz". NZ Post is
nzpost.co.nz, and the two sites are very, very different.

--
Matthew Poole
"Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

Waylon Kenning

T'was the Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:24:37 +1300 when I remembered Who Am I

>These spams have been sent out from kliksend.com

How'd they get your email?
--
Cheers,

Waylon Kenning.

Who Am I

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Matthew Poole <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:24:37 +1300, someone purporting to be Who Am I
> didst scrawl:
>
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > Waylon Kenning <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> *SNIP*
> > pricecutter.co.nz. All part of the service bought to you from the New
> > Zealand Post office, ahh the joys, we now get spammed by the NZ
> > government.
> >

> *SNIP*
>
> You SURE that it's NZ Post doing it? I thought that at first, then
> realised the domain I was looking at was "nzpostoffice.co.nz". NZ Post is
> nzpost.co.nz, and the two sites are very, very different.

Ahh, I stand corrected on this, I saw nzpostoffice.co.nz and made the
presumption.

I have however made a complaint about this to nzpost to see if they can
kill the wankers off.

Who Am I

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Waylon Kenning <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> T'was the Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:24:37 +1300 when I remembered Who Am I
> <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:
>
> >These spams have been sent out from kliksend.com

> How'd they get your email?

Who knows. I get so much spam these days. I am over 99% of all email I
get is spam.

To me, email is rapidly loosing its worth.

I wonder how long it will be before an ISP offers access but no servers
for email, web, ftp..... nothing save DNS/DHCP. You want them use a free
service else where. That way they have reduced their costs
substaintially, no longer care about spam or viruses on their systems.