Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > paradise cable traffic data

paradise cable traffic data

Sue

Has anyone else noticed that the traffic counter for the cable plans on
the paradise site indicate massive data transfers during the period when
their system was down?
I checked mine today - and it indicates that I started downloading a
total of 4gigs of data at midnight on Wednesday morning - the exact same
time that my connection went down.......
cheers
Sue

Mark Robinson

Sue wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed that the traffic counter for the cable plans on
> the paradise site indicate massive data transfers during the period when
> their system was down?
> I checked mine today - and it indicates that I started downloading a
> total of 4gigs of data at midnight on Wednesday morning - the exact same
> time that my connection went down.......
> cheers
> Sue

No sign of anything out of line on my account over that time.

Mercury

so you caused the outage?

"Sue" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Has anyone else noticed that the traffic counter for the cable plans on
> the paradise site indicate massive data transfers during the period when
> their system was down?
> I checked mine today - and it indicates that I started downloading a total
> of 4gigs of data at midnight on Wednesday morning - the exact same time
> that my connection went down.......
> cheers
> Sue

Sue

Mercury wrote:
> so you caused the outage?
>
> "Sue" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Has anyone else noticed that the traffic counter for the cable plans on
>>the paradise site indicate massive data transfers during the period when
>>their system was down?
>>I checked mine today - and it indicates that I started downloading a total
>>of 4gigs of data at midnight on Wednesday morning - the exact same time
>>that my connection went down.......
>>cheers
>>Sue

lol <sheepish look> hope not ....
all machines were shut down ... no cable operational and according to
this I have sucked down a boatload of stuff...

Mercury

Ahh, so your systems had become an essential node in their network...

Cool

news:43574a83$(E-Mail Removed)...

Mercury wrote:
> Ahh, so your systems had become an essential node in their network...
>
> Cool
>
> "Sue" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:43574a83$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Mercury wrote:
>>
>>>so you caused the outage?
>>>
>>>"Sue" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>lol <sheepish look> hope not ....
>>all machines were shut down ... no cable operational and according to this
>>I have sucked down a boatload of stuff...

lol
not sure if thats a good thing or not?!?!?
ahh well ... got the automated email response from the paradise helpdesk
..... be nice to receive an email from a real live human .... prolly
expecting too much ....