Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > MCE Useless without EPG?

MCE Useless without EPG?

Scott

Anyone running mce 2005? was looking at converting my existing PC to HTPC.
But a quick tally up shows I still need to drop a $1000+ to get there. HTPC
case, MCE+remote, sound card with spdif, Haupagge 150 card.

Running an AMD 2500+ with a gig of ram but from I have seen so far that is
at the bottem of the recommended cpu required.

Maybe I should just get a Haupagge 150 and give mediaportal a go and see how
the system stands up.

Still it all seems a lot of work with no epg support.

SteveM

"Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news3c5f.1263$(E-Mail Removed):

> Anyone running mce 2005? was looking at converting my existing PC to
> HTPC. But a quick tally up shows I still need to drop a $1000+ to get
> there. HTPC case, MCE+remote, sound card with spdif, Haupagge 150
> card.
>
> Running an AMD 2500+ with a gig of ram but from I have seen so far
> that is at the bottem of the recommended cpu required.
>
> Maybe I should just get a Haupagge 150 and give mediaportal a go and
> see how the system stands up.
>
> Still it all seems a lot of work with no epg support.

Forget MCE and try gb-pvr.

www.gbpvr.com.

Locally made PVR software from Wellington.
Works great with Hauppauge cards and if you look around
you'll fine a couple of ways to get EPG data.

SteveM

Nathan Mercer

http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/brp/