Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > ECS Elitegroup Laptop Parts

ECS Elitegroup Laptop Parts

Rider

Anyone know of suppliers of parts for ECS laptops, apart from Protac?
Getting sick of being dicked around.

Any info appreciated.

Rider

Richard

Rider wrote:
> Anyone know of suppliers of parts for ECS laptops, apart from Protac?
> Getting sick of being dicked around.
>
> Any info appreciated.

If you find a source of a cheap powerbrick with the 12v on the funny mini din
plug I would love to know

Not Dave

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:04:52 +1300, "Rider"
<(E-Mail Removed)> growled these words from under a
rock:

>Anyone know of suppliers of parts for ECS laptops, apart from Protac?
>Getting sick of being dicked around.
>
>Any info appreciated.

Good luck. Both the brand and the distributor are amongst the worst on
the planet, IMHO.

Rider

"Not Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:04:52 +1300, "Rider"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> growled these words from under a
> rock:
>
>>Anyone know of suppliers of parts for ECS laptops, apart from Protac?
>>Getting sick of being dicked around.
>>
>>Any info appreciated.
>>

> Good luck. Both the brand and the distributor are amongst the worst on
> the planet, IMHO.

You're not wrong. I contacted them requesting price and availability on the
DC jack that mounts to the laptops motherboard ... clients one is loose.

First they say it might be under warranty and ask for thr serial number.
Fine, seeing as there was a sticker under the battery with '5 Year
Wartranty' on it. They come back with "don't know anything about a 5 year
warranty sticker ... your laptop isn't under warranty'. Well its only a
cheap part, so I wasn't fussed. So I ask if I can order the part. They tell
me the laptop needs to be sent to them and they will repair it for $100 +
Gst. I email them back explaining I have no problem repairing it if I can
get the part, please let me know how much for the part and freight.

$50 + Gst!!!!! For a motherboard mounted DC input jack. Its not even a
special design. This should realistically be about $10 I reckon. Now they're
telling me they're not sure if they can get the part ... after originally
telling me they had them in stock.

Arsholes!!!

Not Dave

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:01:45 +1300, "Rider"
<(E-Mail Removed)> growled these words from under a
rock:

>"Not Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:04:52 +1300, "Rider"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> growled these words from under a
>> rock:
>>
>>>Anyone know of suppliers of parts for ECS laptops, apart from Protac?
>>>Getting sick of being dicked around.
>>>
>>>Any info appreciated.
>>>

>> Good luck. Both the brand and the distributor are amongst the worst on
>> the planet, IMHO.

>You're not wrong. I contacted them requesting price and availability on the
>DC jack that mounts to the laptops motherboard ... clients one is loose.
>
>First they say it might be under warranty and ask for thr serial number.
>Fine, seeing as there was a sticker under the battery with '5 Year
>Wartranty' on it. They come back with "don't know anything about a 5 year
>warranty sticker ... your laptop isn't under warranty'. Well its only a
>cheap part, so I wasn't fussed. So I ask if I can order the part. They tell
>me the laptop needs to be sent to them and they will repair it for $100 +
>Gst. I email them back explaining I have no problem repairing it if I can
>get the part, please let me know how much for the part and freight.
>
>$50 + Gst!!!!! For a motherboard mounted DC input jack. Its not even a
>special design. This should realistically be about $10 I reckon. Now they're
>telling me they're not sure if they can get the part ... after originally
>telling me they had them in stock.
>
>Arsholes!!!

Is that asian for "Arseholes"? LOL...

You're not wrong, though, and this story really doesn't surprise me in
the slightest. It is only one of a number of really crappy experiences
I've heard from them. We've dumped them as a supplier, due to their
really shitty service levels, combined with the extreme low quality of
most of their products.

I could tell you some pretty shocking horror stories about them, as
I'm sure most people who deal with them could.