Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Dream machine being built

Dream machine being built

JH

Don't get the OCZ Modstream 520!
I already have it. Single PCI-E connection only, Thick inflexible
cables, Non-option to purchase more of these modular cables. And if you
end up getting a Lian Li case, you'll have to remove a drive cage to
get it to fit in the case.

JH

Hmm works for me. Tried copy/paste?

Craig Sutton

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hmm works for me. Tried copy/paste?

wasn't working last night. Does now gee some poser pc's there with wanky
lights and other pointless features.

ChrisOD

In article <divre3$me7$(E-Mail Removed)>, Craig Sutton wrote:
> Any suggestions? still undecided on a few components of my new machine
>
> Asus A8N32-SLI premium (latest model)
> CPU Athlon 64 X2 XX00 (speed undecided as yet)
> 2 gig dual ram Corsair XMS-3500LL PRO (this ram very nice and launched for
> this M.B)
> 2x 7800GTX graphics card, (brand model undecided)
>
> 2x300 gig hd's maxtor maxline III sata
>
> Case acousticase 6607
>
> Power Supply (undecided)
>
> DVD Dual Layer (brand model undecided)
>
> ps/2 keyboard (nothing special required)
> ps/2 mouse
> 3.5 floppy

If this is going to be used for gaming (and with the graphics cards I can't
see any other sensible use). Then try the g5/g7 logitech mouse/s.
G5 has cord G7 not bothe 2000dpi.

Lukagain

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:27:33 +1300, ChrisOD
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <divre3$me7$(E-Mail Removed)>, Craig Sutton wrote:
>> Any suggestions? still undecided on a few components of my new machine
>>
>> Asus A8N32-SLI premium (latest model)
>> CPU Athlon 64 X2 XX00 (speed undecided as yet)
>> 2 gig dual ram Corsair XMS-3500LL PRO (this ram very nice and launched for
>> this M.B)
>> 2x 7800GTX graphics card, (brand model undecided)
>>
>> 2x300 gig hd's maxtor maxline III sata
>>
>> Case acousticase 6607
>>
>> Power Supply (undecided)
>>
>> DVD Dual Layer (brand model undecided)
>>
>> ps/2 keyboard (nothing special required)
>> ps/2 mouse
>> 3.5 floppy
>>

>If this is going to be used for gaming (and with the graphics cards I can't
>see any other sensible use). Then try the g5/g7 logitech mouse/s.
>G5 has cord G7 not bothe 2000dpi.

PCAlpha have this on special:
http://www.pcalpha.co.nz/product_inf...oducts_id=1590

JH

@%#$ you too.

Craig Sutton

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Craig Sutton wrote:
> > gee some poser pc's there with wanky
> > lights and other pointless features.

> @%#$ you too.

Hey I wasn't referring to yours specifically
Tell me what value neon tubes and fans that glow in the dark add to a
system?

Waylon Kenning

T'was the Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:35:03 +1300 when I remembered "Craig
Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:

>Tell me what value neon tubes and fans that glow in the dark add to a
>system?

Same thing as paint and stickers on cars.
--
Cheers,

Waylon Kenning.

jasonh1234

Craig Sutton wrote:
> Hey I wasn't referring to yours specifically
> Tell me what value neon tubes and fans that glow in the dark add to a
> system?

No value. Just aesthetics.
The CPU cooler came with the LED fan.
My need for good replacement 120mm fans led me to Coolermaster's which
also had blue LED fans. (At least they all matched.)
My desire to show off my computer's internals led me to the cold
cathode tube.
And to top it all off, now every thing matches. (My backlit keyboard,
The internal glow from my Razer Diamondback mouse, the LCD fan
speed/temp monitor display.
It's all about aesthetics. And I have no problem with adding some
"pimp" to my machine, when there's nothing else I can do to, or spend
money on, on my computer.

I thought you were talking to me specifically. And by calling me a
poser you were makeing it sound like I added LED windshield wiper
nozzles to a Yugo, when I see it more as adding underbody neon to a
souped up 1000 whp sportscar. Sure it's not neccesary and doesn't do
anything, but what the hell?

Anyways let's get back on topic. Figured out what power supply you're
getting?

Craig Sutton

"jasonh1234" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Craig Sutton wrote:
> > Hey I wasn't referring to yours specifically
> > Tell me what value neon tubes and fans that glow in the dark add to a
> > system?

> I thought you were talking to me specifically. And by calling me a
> poser you were makeing it sound like I added LED windshield wiper
> nozzles to a Yugo, when I see it more as adding underbody neon to a
> souped up 1000 whp sportscar. Sure it's not neccesary and doesn't do
> anything, but what the hell?

Oh well takes all kinds

> Anyways let's get back on topic. Figured out what power supply you're
> getting?

Something around 550 watts minimum and reasonably quiet?