Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Indian outsourcers follow a megatrend

Indian outsourcers follow a megatrend

Waylon Kenning

T'was the Mon, 17 Oct 2005 18:34:35 +1300 when I remembered thingy

>Trouble is those Malaysians and Indians are not sitting around feeling
>abandoned. They are now moving up the value chain, they have level 1 & 2
>support now level 3 and are moving into the consultancy and programming
>market more and more, eating up from underneath.....Why employ an
>American company with an overpaid CEO who uses cheap Indian Labour
>anyway. Why not go with the Indian CEO whose company the American one
>used? more direct communication and cheaper.

Tata Consultancy Services have the goal of being the biggest IT
consultancy agency by the end of the decade. At the rate they're
going, they'll probably get there.
--
Cheers,

Waylon Kenning.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>T'was the Mon, 17 Oct 2005 18:34:35 +1300 when I remembered thingy
><(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:
>
>>Trouble is those Malaysians and Indians are not sitting around feeling
>>abandoned. They are now moving up the value chain, they have level 1 & 2
>>support now level 3 and are moving into the consultancy and programming
>>market more and more, eating up from underneath.....Why employ an
>>American company with an overpaid CEO who uses cheap Indian Labour
>>anyway. Why not go with the Indian CEO whose company the American one
>>used? more direct communication and cheaper.

>Tata Consultancy Services have the goal of being the biggest IT
>consultancy agency by the end of the decade. At the rate they're
>going, they'll probably get there.

Are these the same "Tata" group that make cars and other such things ? If
so, I recall (possibly correctly ) that this corporate actually is
already some % of the total indian economy. I recall 3% and 15 % and suspect
the 3 is right

Bruce

(if there were any)