Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Need to press F1 on re-boot

Need to press F1 on re-boot

Fishb8

I made some changes to my BIOS, some time ago and now if I re-boot I have to
press F1 to continue or it just stops at the opening screen.
MS 7030, AMD 64,3200+, BIOS - Phoenix 6.00PG, 1Gb.
How can I remove the F1 halt?
Roy Price

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <Dki4f.634$(E-Mail Removed)>, Fishb8 wrote:

> I made some changes to my BIOS, some time ago and now if I re-boot I have
> to press F1 to continue or it just stops at the opening screen.
> MS 7030, AMD 64,3200+, BIOS - Phoenix 6.00PG, 1Gb.
> How can I remove the F1 halt?

Did you try undoing your changes?

Phstpok

Lawrence D'Oliveiro stubbed out the damp squib on 16/10/2005 3:19
p.m.and tried to bring to our attention, this pearl of wisdom:
> In message <Dki4f.634$(E-Mail Removed)>, Fishb8 wrote:
>

>>I made some changes to my BIOS, some time ago and now if I re-boot I have
>>to press F1 to continue or it just stops at the opening screen.
>>MS 7030, AMD 64,3200+, BIOS - Phoenix 6.00PG, 1Gb.
>>How can I remove the F1 halt?

> Did you try undoing your changes?

And if you can't remember exactly what you changed,(not uncommon at all)
there will be some message saying "Cannot find floppy drive" or
something along those lines. I doubt very much that "Press f1 to
continue" will be the only error message.

Also, how long between making the changes and getting the error message?
Immediately or some time? If some time, it is more likely to be a
hardware failure, such the floppy drive.
--
Phstpok, the friendly alien

Brendan

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 14:49:24 +1300, Fishb8 wrote:

> I made some changes to my BIOS, some time ago and now if I re-boot I have to
> press F1 to continue or it just stops at the opening screen.
> MS 7030, AMD 64,3200+, BIOS - Phoenix 6.00PG, 1Gb.
> How can I remove the F1 halt?
> Roy Price

It is likely your BIOS CMOS memory has been corrupted. Probably due to a
flat battery on the motherboard. But given your motherboard is quite new,
it may be another fault.

It may be simple corruption of some settings. As often happens after
flashing the bios. Go into the BIOS settings, load default settings, save
and exit.

--

.... Brendan

#217453 +(3763)- [X]

<@Chin^> My sister caught me jacking off the other week and calls me a
pervert
<@Chin^> just the other day i walked into my room and caught my sister
masturbating
<@Chin^> So she calls me a pervert again?!?
<@Chin^> there is no justice in the world...

Note: All my comments are copyright 16/10/2005 10:53:07 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

Fishb8

"Brendan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 14:49:24 +1300, Fishb8 wrote:
>
>> I made some changes to my BIOS, some time ago and now if I re-boot I have
>> press F1 to continue or it just stops at the opening screen.
>> MS 7030, AMD 64,3200+, BIOS - Phoenix 6.00PG, 1Gb.
>> How can I remove the F1 halt?
>> Roy Price

> It is likely your BIOS CMOS memory has been corrupted. Probably due to a
> flat battery on the motherboard. But given your motherboard is quite new,
> it may be another fault.
>
> It may be simple corruption of some settings. As often happens after
> flashing the bios. Go into the BIOS settings, load default settings, save
> and exit.
>
> --
>
> ... Brendan
>
> #217453 +(3763)- [X]

Loaded default settings and has got rid of the F1 hold. I'm returning to my
previous settings one change at a time and writing down each change.
Thanks

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 06:44:21 +1300, Fishb8 wrote:

> Loaded default settings and has got rid of the F1 hold. I'm returning to my
> previous settings one change at a time and writing down each change.
> Thanks

cool, glad to help. good luck.

--

.... Brendan

#405221 +(6567)- [X]

<T-Wolf> man, my girlfriend left me for some faggot named robert
<RdAwG20> you don't live in Hope mills do you?
<T-Wolf> ya, why man?
<RdAwG20> lol, just wondering, was her namne alisson?
<T-Wolf> you mother ****er

Note: All my comments are copyright 17/10/2005 9:56:50 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.