Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Buying Apple Quicktime - can it be done?

Buying Apple Quicktime - can it be done?

Roger Johnstone

In <(E-Mail Removed)> whoisthis wrote:
> In article <1129364769.480353@ftpsrv1>, "Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>>
>> Yes it can be done but it bills you in Australian dollars and charges
>> you autralian GST. You then have to contact apple NZ to correct the
>> invoice.

> Microsoft don't have this problem. For all of Apples claims of ease of
> use they do making buying anything off them bloody difficult!

The problem is you can only buy the software directly from Apple, but
there is no Apple NZ. Apple's online stores are restricted to their home
country, and exporting anything (including a software key) is strictly
verboten. The case with NZers buying QuickTime Pro keys from the Oz
store is an attempt to work around the system.

It's a hack (

http://roger.geek.nz/

steve

PAM. wrote:

> "Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> I ended up finding instructions by doing a google search . This is what
>> NZers are supposed to do.
>> *New Zealand customers can purchase an electronic key from the Australian
>> Apple Store. Please enter your postal address as usual but type NSW in
>> the State field and 2000 in the Postcode field.

> Cool. So when do we get to call ourselves Australian
>
> PAM.

As soon as they get rid of John Hoawrd. Until then....who would WANT to be
called Australian?

Makes travelling to many countries with a star and cresent on their flag a
little........more interesting?