Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > ADV: Linux help offered

ADV: Linux help offered

Peter Lowrie

In 13 years of using Linux, guess how many viruses, trojans, spyware,
adware, malware and other assorted computer nasties I've suffered? Hazard a
guess how many times a hard disk has been trashed by the system?

This many: Zip, zero, none, 0, nihilo, nada, {}.

Why fight it folks? Linux is the only way to endure peace of mind and a
thoroughly enjoyable computing experience. It's easy to set up, it's easy
to operate and the best part of all is that it is free. It comes with
thousands of fully fledged programmes so that there is nothing you cannot
do.

Enjoy your computing experience the way it was meant to be, hit the link
below!

--
Regards,
Peter.

Brendan

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 00:01:56 +1300, Peter Lowrie wrote:

Peter, you should know better than to advertise in this group. If you are
allowed to, then so am I.

--

.... Brendan

#434593 +(5044)- [X]

*** Topic in #doghouse is 'Our hearts are extended to the 17 victims of the
recent internet fraud'
* Anubis has joined #doghouse
<Anubis> what fraud?
<Kadmium> You haven't heard about it?
<Anubis> no?
<Kadmium> You can read the full story at http://www.tubgirl.com
<Anubis> omg wtf!
*** Kadmium changes topic to 'Our hearts are extended to the 18 victims of
the recent internet fraud'

Note: All my comments are copyright 15/10/2005 12:22:19 a.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

thingy

Peter Lowrie wrote:
> In 13 years of using Linux, guess how many viruses, trojans, spyware,
> adware, malware and other assorted computer nasties I've suffered? Hazard a
> guess how many times a hard disk has been trashed by the system?
>
> This many: Zip, zero, none, 0, nihilo, nada, {}.
>
> Why fight it folks? Linux is the only way to endure peace of mind and a
> thoroughly enjoyable computing experience. It's easy to set up, it's easy
> to operate and the best part of all is that it is free. It comes with
> thousands of fully fledged programmes so that there is nothing you cannot
> do.
>
> Enjoy your computing experience the way it was meant to be, hit the link
> below!

As a compromise ie For ease of use though, buy a Mac.

Lots of people like Windows because it comes pre-installed, if it blew
up I suspect many would find it as hard if not harder than Linux to
install.....but neitehr is easy for most people.

Macs are pretty secure and offer acceptable security, Im advising my
family as they ask to go Mac....

regards

Thing

EMB

Peter Lowrie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Enjoy your computing experience the way it was meant to be, hit the link
> below!

Peter

You've been around long enough to know better than to spam this
newsgroup. Not ****ing off the locals here might just help the amount
of interest generated by your other projects. Think about it... and
then apologise.

--
EMB

Bob McLellan

I can say the same for OS/2
Peter Lowrie wrote:
> In 13 years of using Linux, guess how many viruses, trojans, spyware,
> adware, malware and other assorted computer nasties I've suffered? Hazard a
> guess how many times a hard disk has been trashed by the system?
>
> This many: Zip, zero, none, 0, nihilo, nada, {}.
>
> Why fight it folks? Linux is the only way to endure peace of mind and a
> thoroughly enjoyable computing experience. It's easy to set up, it's easy
> to operate and the best part of all is that it is free. It comes with
> thousands of fully fledged programmes so that there is nothing you cannot
> do.
>
> Enjoy your computing experience the way it was meant to be, hit the link
> below!

S Roby

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Peter Lowrie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>In 13 years of using Linux, guess how many viruses, trojans, spyware,
>adware, malware and other assorted computer nasties I've suffered? Hazard a
>guess how many times a hard disk has been trashed by the system?

After using Win (&Dos) since ver3.1 guess how many viruses trojans Ive had
Nill zero nada zilch
Since using Xp how many times has the system been trashed, nil zero nada
See just how good Xp can be with a bit of common sense

Using Linux guess how many times Ive trashed the sytem & had to reload Linux,
Twice.

Main problem with Win is that people play with it & load every program they
can possibly find onto the system
Using linux you cant stuff things up ONLY BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO BE AN EXPERT
TO LOAD PROGRAMS ONTO IT.
This makes Linux worthless for the avergae PC user.
Do you really want to pay someone $90 an hour to load basic programs onto it

Stu Fleming

S Roby wrote:

> Using linux you cant stuff things up ONLY BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO BE AN EXPERT
> TO LOAD PROGRAMS ONTO IT.

Good rule.
And if you _are_ an expert, you _can_ stuff the system up beyond
recognition and repair with Linux. Who would have thought that
uninstalling a previous version of firefox from /usr/bin would do _that_
....?

Bret

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 23:21:39 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)le (S Roby) wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Peter Lowrie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>In 13 years of using Linux, guess how many viruses, trojans, spyware,
>>adware, malware and other assorted computer nasties I've suffered? Hazard a
>>guess how many times a hard disk has been trashed by the system?

>After using Win (&Dos) since ver3.1 guess how many viruses trojans Ive had
>Nill zero nada zilch
>Since using Xp how many times has the system been trashed, nil zero nada
>See just how good Xp can be with a bit of common sense

"system been trashed"

>Using Linux guess how many times Ive trashed the sytem & had to reload Linux,
>Twice.

You "trashed the sytem"

>Main problem with Win is that people play with it & load every program they
>can possibly find onto the system
>Using linux you cant stuff things up ONLY BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO BE AN EXPERT
>TO LOAD PROGRAMS ONTO IT.
>This makes Linux worthless for the avergae PC user.
>Do you really want to pay someone $90 an hour to load basic programs onto it

I think you should , you obviously don't know what you are doing

shannon

S Roby wrote:
>>>Using Linux guess how many times Ive trashed the sytem & had to reload Linux,
>>>Twice.

>>You "trashed the sytem"
>>

> but but but Linux is soooo reliable, it has NO BUGS & couldnt be trashed

It didn't breal by itself did it ?

S Roby

>>Using Linux guess how many times Ive trashed the sytem & had to reload Linux,
>>Twice.

>You "trashed the sytem"

but but but Linux is soooo reliable, it has NO BUGS & couldnt be trashed

Help offered in Financial services Alcove Technologies Java 0 04-27-2010 06:24 AM
Any help offered for a disabled person ? Chris Suckling Computer Information 2 09-13-2006 05:37 PM
'help offered for those who have problems with spyware or virusses " perc Computer Support 1 09-22-2005 04:47 PM
Job offered - Linux Paul NZ Computing 10 11-28-2003 04:11 AM
when was MCSD first offered? Frank MCSD 8 10-27-2003 02:56 AM

Advertisments