Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Paradise not connecting to some web sites

Paradise not connecting to some web sites

XP

Google , Firefox etc.

Been like that most of the day..

Paul Wilkins

XP wrote:

> Google , Firefox etc.
>
> Been like that most of the day..

Tis working again

--
Paul Wilkins

shannon

Paul Wilkins wrote:
> XP wrote:
>

>> Google , Firefox etc.
>>
>> Been like that most of the day..

> Tis working again

Its been like that for days, if anybody knows what their problem is
please post it, and save a few others some time in their appalling phone
queue

Malcolm Moore

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:34:57 +1300, shannon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Paul Wilkins wrote:
>> XP wrote:
>>

>>> Google , Firefox etc.
>>>
>>> Been like that most of the day..

>> Tis working again
>>

>Its been like that for days, if anybody knows what their problem is
>please post it, and save a few others some time in their appalling phone
>queue

Well, the network status on their homepage says, for National and
International Web Browsing

"Some clear.net and paradise.net customers may experience
international browsing problems reaching certain websites such as
yahoo.com, hotmail.com, google.com"

There is no estimated end to the disruption. Very informative, not!

However if you want to do some serious browsing get up early on Mon
morning because the Connection / Timeouts page says

"From 5:00am to 6:00am on the 17/10/05 the Paradise Network be
available due to planned maintenance."

It always astounds me how companies in the communication industry can
be so hopeless at communicating.

--
Regards
Malcolm