Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Kate for Windows?

Kate for Windows?

Waylon Kenning

Hi all,

I use Kate at university to work on my PHP and SQL scripts. It's
really neat, I like it. Any idea how I could compile it to work on
Windows?
--
Cheers,

Waylon Kenning.

Chris Hope

Waylon Kenning wrote:

> I use Kate at university to work on my PHP and SQL scripts. It's
> really neat, I like it. Any idea how I could compile it to work on
> Windows?

You could probably get it running via cygwin. About three years ago I
managed to get KDE running via cygwin on Windows. Can't remember how I
did it now though.

Chris Hope

Chris Hope wrote:

> Waylon Kenning wrote:
>
>> I use Kate at university to work on my PHP and SQL scripts. It's
>> really neat, I like it. Any idea how I could compile it to work on
>> Windows?

> You could probably get it running via cygwin. About three years ago I
> managed to get KDE running via cygwin on Windows. Can't remember how I
> did it now though.

http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/

MaximumDamage

Waylon Kenning wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I use Kate at university to work on my PHP and SQL scripts. It's
> really neat, I like it. Any idea how I could compile it to work on
> Windows?
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Waylon Kenning.

cygwin? http://x.cygwin.com
Or install Linux
Since your a student, VMWare would be a cheap way to run linux on a
Windows machine. Just make sure it has a lot of RAM.

PAM.

"Waylon Kenning" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I use Kate at university to work on my PHP and SQL scripts. It's
> really neat, I like it. Any idea how I could compile it to work on
> Windows?

Have you thought of using jEdit (.org) or CrimsonEdit (Free at
www.crimsoneditor.com) UltraEdit (Free at P2P)

PAM.

Waylon Kenning

T'was the Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:51:56 +1300 when I remembered
MaximumDamage <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:

>Since your a student, VMWare would be a cheap way to run linux on a
>Windows machine. Just make sure it has a lot of RAM.

That's a little overkill. I like Kate, it's neat. It's not a killer
app though, I just went with Crimson Editor. It's free, not as neat as
Kate, but better than Dreamweaver.
--
Cheers,

Waylon Kenning.

MaximumDamage

Waylon Kenning wrote:
> T'was the Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:51:56 +1300 when I remembered
> MaximumDamage <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like this:
>

>>Since your a student, VMWare would be a cheap way to run linux on a
>>Windows machine. Just make sure it has a lot of RAM.

> That's a little overkill.

Yep, but a very cool and clever piece of software.