Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Active Directory client (Users & Comps)

Active Directory client (Users & Comps)

Matt

Hi all,

Quick n dirty, is there a client utility that will run on a Windows XP
domain-intergrated machine to add/delete/modify users on the domain?
(saves having to use RDC)

Basically exactly the same as AD Users and Computers on 2k/2k3 servers
but runs on Windows XP. Im not sure where/how to find such a utility
(googling has bloated me!)

Cheers

Matt

Tony

XP Admin tools which is downloadable frm MS.

Matt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Quick n dirty, is there a client utility that will run on a Windows XP
> domain-intergrated machine to add/delete/modify users on the domain?
> (saves having to use RDC)
>
> Basically exactly the same as AD Users and Computers on 2k/2k3 servers
> but runs on Windows XP. Im not sure where/how to find such a utility
> (googling has bloated me!)
>
> Cheers
>
> Matt

Tony

should do the trick

Tony wrote:
> XP Admin tools which is downloadable frm MS.
>
> Matt wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Quick n dirty, is there a client utility that will run on a Windows XP
>> domain-intergrated machine to add/delete/modify users on the domain?
>> (saves having to use RDC)
>>
>> Basically exactly the same as AD Users and Computers on 2k/2k3 servers
>> but runs on Windows XP. Im not sure where/how to find such a utility
>> (googling has bloated me!)
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Matt

Tony

should do the trick

Matt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Quick n dirty, is there a client utility that will run on a Windows XP
> domain-intergrated machine to add/delete/modify users on the domain?
> (saves having to use RDC)
>
> Basically exactly the same as AD Users and Computers on 2k/2k3 servers
> but runs on Windows XP. Im not sure where/how to find such a utility
> (googling has bloated me!)
>
> Cheers
>
> Matt

Matt

Tony wrote:

> should do the trick

Thanks Tony... excellent, you know I searched MS, and google and just
couldnt find the right keywords to get what I wanted.

Cheers.

Matt

Alan

adminpak.msi

gives you most of the standard server administrative tools (incl AD)